Monday, November 26, 2007

Getting started...

I got two new items tonight for the Christmas decorating season...first the Believe sign hanging above one of my Santa's...I love it!And then this very cool Snowman banner that I just hung over the mirror above the fireplace. We are still looking for Kevin a stocking for the angel to hold. I have a serious thing for snowmen!! LOVE THEM!
I am tired of the same old stuff every year, so I didn't get everything out this year. I think I like it better. I didn't put my garland around the fireplace or my villages out...I may decide to, but for now, I am liking the simplicity. I also got my first Christmas card in the mail already, & I think it is my first ever handmade one! Way to go to my scrap buddy, Laura! You beat my Aunt Debbie and no one ever beats Aunt Debbie in getting cards in the mail! ha!
And, lastly, the tree...hello! Last year, I wrapped it in heavy plastic and stored it in the garage with the decorations & lights still on. BEST IDEA EVER!! My tree was up and plugged in within 5 minutes!! (I got this skinny one last year b/c my living room really isn't that big and the 6 foot one that I had swallowed the room. Isn't it cute?)
Tomorrow, I will try to get the front porch looking holiday like and happy! :-)

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cute cute stuff and awesome idea with the tree!! Love it!! I like the skinny trees. They are perfect for the rooms you don't want to over crowd.

Anonymous said...

Love the decorations!

I too get sick of the same stuff year after year. I'm way into snowmen too!

Trina said...

I think its brilliant to change things up from year to year. For now, my boys are like "Where is this Snowman?", or "Dont forget this strand of garland." They have memories like little hawks, so no changing things up this year...lol I think the idea of bundling up your tree, as ism is pure genius!! We wouldnt have room, but if we did, by golly, I would do it! The lights are the most tedious thing!!
Keep the Christmas pics coming...loving em.

Tasha said...

What a great idea about the tree..I'll have to rememebr that! I have a story about my tree coming tonight! Check it out

Steff said...

Okay, I feel like a slacker. I have stuff up but need to get some pictures up on my blog. I can't believe you got a card and it is still November!! I made a list last night of who was getting actual cards and then who was getting an e-card. I'd so love to send all my blog buddies cards, but is it weird to ask for someone's address?!

ByHISgoodGrace said...

I love your tree, it's so whimsical looking. It looks great.
I had quite a giggle when you mentioned wrapping it in plastic. It's a brilliant idea though! It's one of those, why didn't I think of that...I wouldn't have room though to do that.

Tan said...

Pssst...Lori, don't tell anyone but I have a passion for snowmen too. :) Your decorations look great!