Monday, November 19, 2007

One more workday...

...that's right - only one more day of work this week and then 5 days off in a row!!! YIPPEEE!!!
That should give me plenty of time to get all the stuff done I need to do before the family Turkey day at my house on Saturday!! (IF the weather cooperates!!) Kevin and I have been sick since Saturday - achey, congested, exhausted, runny noses, blah, blah, blah. That didn't help the yard work get done this weekend though! AND it's supposed to rain on Wednesday...uh-oh! That could really hinder the leaf raking job...and the mowing...hmmm!

I did manage to get a few things marked off my list in between naps and medicine over the weekend! Remember my list:
1. sleeping in (BIG time!) Done!
2. raking leaves
3. cleaning up the back deck
Done!
4. mowing or begging Kevin to mow
5. laundry
Done!
6.cleaning out the snake infested flowerbed
Done!
7. burning leaves and yard brush
8. buying turkey for our Thanksgiving the next Saturday
Done!
9. going to Wal-Mart (I hate Wal-Mart!)
Done!
10. grading papers (of course!) Done! (today but still counts!)
11. hopefully finishing my Master's project DONE!
12. cleaning out my car
13. going to church Went!


As you can see, it is mainly yard work left...cross your fingers for us! It also looks like on Saturday when I have about 35 folks in my small house that it is going to be rainy and cold!!!! Where will we all fit? This is my fourth year to host turkey day, and we have always gotten lucky with the weather where we could spend the majority of our time outside. Last year, we even ate on the back deck...oh well, it's only Monday...I'll save my panic for later in the week! ha!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Great job on getting some things done..You always gotta start somewhere.

PS, Does it really show that NaBloPoMo is more than half over? LOL!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

35 people? In your house? That's making me sweat in fear.

Trina said...

Hey you have a lot of stuffed crossed off your little list! The snake infested flowerbed would have still been UNdone for me! hahaha Have a great Turkey Day and I hope that the weather holds out for you.

Lindsey said...

That list is VERY impressive!!! Especially church. Happy Thanksgiving! And here's to some MUCH NEEDED time off!