Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend Highlights

We started off Friday night stopping in at our hometown High School football game. It was against our big rivals too ~ Batesville! We WON!!!! Yay! Back in the day, when Kevin was playing, & we were in HS, our winning streak against Batesville was like 23 years or something crazy like that. But, this was Newport's first win in 6 years. GO HOUNDS!
We saw SOOO many people that we haven't seen in years! We both caught up with old high school friends, teachers, church members, and high school friends parents. It was great to see some of the ladies who were involved in the bad accident a year ago at Hardee's. See here to remember...it was definately a hometown tragedy. But, they are doing great! We picked up Kevin's nephew's at the game to take on with us to his parent's house. Kevin's sister was in town for her 20th class reunion!! We drove on to Rector after the game & got there about midnight ~ way past this teacher's bedtime! The best story from that drive was when we pulled off the road b/c Kevin had to pee....and a cop pulled up. Kevin just knew he was in trouble, but the guy just laughed and even let him go back to what he was doing so he could finish! ha!
Saturday, Kevin, his nephew and his Dad started in their golf tournament. Me, his other nephew, and his Mom shopped at the new mall in Jonesboro & went to some local flea markets. I scored a bunch of Boxcar Children, Nancy Drew and Hardy Boy books for 50cents a piece for the classroom. Then, we went home & took a little cat nap & waited for the boys. Of course, his Mom cooked up a fabulous dinner for us, and we watched the Razorbacks play. (or rather they did while I graded papers ~ I am a great multi-tasker!! ha!) I did become interested in the game toward the end b/c it was close....but we lost and Kevin pouted!
Sunday finished up the golf tournament. They did so good on Saturday that they started later in the day Sunday, so we were late getting back last night. Apparently, their great golfing streak didn't hold for two days! LOL! But, Austin and I tagged along for the first 3 or 4 holes in the golf cart. Neither of us like being so darn quiet though, so we didn't last long! ha!
More pics later....I thought this one was a really good family shot... it's a framer!
Oh...and I get to scrap my first ever golf page! ha!

9 comments:

Woo Pig Brewey! said...

Hmm... I think I see a possible reason as to their worse golfing on Sunday.

Lori said...

Ha Ha! That is probably true!

Trina said...

Well that was some serious active weekend ya'all had there!! hehehe Im tired just reading it! Although there is nothing like getting out in the clean fresh air!

la bellina mammina said...

What a great weekend!

Tasha said...

sounds like a fun weekend...That picture is no doubt a framable picute...NICE.

Anonymous said...

I can't BELIEVE you were in Jonesboro and didn't call me!! You are just lucky that I was out of town, or I might actually be mad. :) (just kidding, you know I love you!)
And you can tell Kevin he's not the only one that pouted when the Razorbacks lost. I'm still not over it. :)

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell the best part about my peeing. 2 minutes! I really had to go!

Anonymous said...

Kevin, you are lucky she didn't take a picture of you peeing for the scrapbook-

Tan said...

Yeah, I'm wondering why there's not a picture of the 2-minute pee on the blog! LOL Sounds like a terrific weekend. I love football too! But golf?? Nah...I'd be in the mall with you!