Sunday, September 23, 2007

We are jinxed!!

Seriously...we are jinxed! Here...just look at the weekend...I even made you a partial slideshow & then I'll tell you the really bad stuff!


Now...you know we have a snapped cable on our mower, and the grass was getting out of control. The part is on order. We had a friend (thanks Laura) offer to let us borrow her mower, but we didn't have a trailer big enough to get it over here. (She should feel lucky!!) So...enter my innocent cousin, Sandy, and her hubby who bails me out of mechanical malfunctions regularly!! We borrow their mower...do you know where this is going??? Yep, they have had the mower for like 14 years, and it breaks down on us when we are almost done - like 3 more passes to go! All we did was stop and put gas in it. I promise we are jinxed!!!! This is my fourth mower to breakdown on me THIS year! It is one thing when it is your own mower, but hello!!! when you borrow one!!! Do you have any idea how mortified I am?!! I feel horrible about it ~ actually that doesn't even cover it! So...don't let us borrow your mowers people ~ but feel free to come and mow our yard!!!

Oh, and that last picture ~ this morning, I woke up and my back was kaput from all the work yesterday. I have a bad back & tried to be careful yesterday. I didn't send it completely out, but I am taking meds and laying on a heating pad all day.

Seriously, this week HAS to get better! At least I've got scrap night to look forward to!!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

You poor thing....HUGS

L said...

Awwww God luv ya honey! I can't believe the mower died on you - guess it just wasn't used to soo much tall grass! At least the back yard looks better!

Anonymous said...

Do not worry about the mower! When you called last night Troy said "Is that her worrying again?" Ha. Keep on and I'll have to cook you dinner! Love ya!

Sandy