Thursday, September 06, 2007

Crabby

Well...for now we have Kevin's laptop set up...I HATE this computer, and it hates me! SLOW ~ that's all I'm saying!!



I am crabby and stressed. How do you spell stressed? M.O.N.E.Y. How is it that there is never enough to go around? I budget, and I follow my budget. But, it is the little unexpected things that can wipe my budget out!! Here's my stress list of items that need to be taken care of:

1. oil change (simple enough but is now over a month overdue)

2. contacts (again, simple, but you put this with #1 & I need an extra $100)

3. property taxes (here's the big one!! $950 due Oct. 10th - enough said)

4. hair cut & color (it's bad but I guess I have to give up highlights for awhile)

5. waxing (not a necessity but getting there - my eyebrows are getting bushy!)

6. Jeep CD player has been broken for MONTHS!

7. Jeep steering wheel is making a horrible noise every time I turn the wheel for months! (who has the money to take a car to the shop for an unknown amount for the bill!!!)

8. And the latest ~ computer is dead & needs to be repaired for yet another unknown amount!!!

URGH!! I know times are tough while I try to finish my Masters b/c I am paying it out of my pocket as I go. I know that it will pay for itself in the end. I know some people have it WAY worse than me. But I am tired of trying to do the right thing and living paycheck to paycheck. I didn't charge one single thing all year until this month! I was so proud of myself. But this new school has a pretty strict dress code, and I had to go buy (charge) some new pants. (Plus, I've gained some weight, but that is another issue!) I guess I could charge $2000 to my credit card and take care of the list above - that is what most people would do - but I refuse! I won't do it!! I will drive my car listening to the same CD's over and over, listening to that freakin' steering wheel that is literally driving me insane, and I guess use this computer of Kevin's that I hate - until I can pay cash. Is that crazy? I could charge, but then it gets easy to charge everything & it builds and builds. My savings is at an all-time low since the divorce, so I refuse to borrow from that too. I guess I need a miracle or tighten up my budget EVEN more ~ and I am not a frivolous spender, so it is already tight! URGH!! FRUSTRATIONS!!!

Does anyone else ever feel like you just can't get ahead no matter what you do???

3 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

Resist as much as you can Lori. It's good that you wanna pay cash for the things you need.
If you put everything on credit, it just becomes easier to do that and then it turns into a habit and before you know it, you'll be paying the debt for the restof your life (well, a case scenario).

You're doing good, hang in there!

Lindsey said...

You're smart to think like that!! hang in there. When you get your masters the raise will help out a lot, and it will all be worth it. I hate stressing about money. HATE IT. But, if it makes you feel better, EVERYONE stresses about money, everyone has those icky issues, and most people always will, so even if people aren't talking about it, they are thinking/feeling the same way. Hang in there girl! It will get better!

L said...

Hey girl - call my hubs about the probs w/the Jeep. He can check on your warranty info about some of that - it might be covered. Also if nothing else he might could get you a deal on the parts or the labor. Sorry to hear of all the finance troubles - that always sucks - I can totally relate!