Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stuff...

Well....my open house last night was a success! I only had 5 out of 20 parents not there!!! It has been the reverse in the past!!! It was really refreshing to see involved parents!! They are loving our classroom blog (thank you Ms. Splat Designs!! hee-hee!). I "hired" one of the kids to be the photographer for the night, and he posted on our blog today. They love it! And, I get a ROOM MOM!!! Hello!!! I've never had a room mom! THEY plan the Christmas and Valentine parties and anything else you need!!! AAAHHHHHHH!!!! I am lovin' life!! I had four Mom's want to be room mom, so they are just all going to work together and share....does it get any better? ha!

Maybe so!?! The union is apparently negotiating a raise for us ~ I didn't even know! They met tonight to get the ok to move forward from the other union members (I'm not a member - shhh!). Hopefully, (fingers crossed) we will be getting a raise!! You know from my earlier in the week post that I need that right now! LOL! We will see...we were supposed to have our step-up raise (when you move up from years teaching) on the last paycheck. It wasn't there, and insurance went up. So, everyone was ticked off b/c their check was less than normal, and we were expecting it to be higher! Maybe we are about to be rewarded....a girl can hope! :-)

Until tomorrow...I'm off to read your blogs now!

5 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

Cool! Fingers crossed for that raise!

Anonymous said...

All of that sounds exciting! Can't wait to hear if you get a raise. Fingers crossed for you!

Tasha said...

Ohh, I hope you get a raise!

Anonymous said...

Woot woot! I can't believe what an awesome school that is! Will have to send my kids there someday. :) Someday when I'm THINKING about having kids! HA!

Luv ya toots!

Trina said...

I would have volunteered to be your room mom too! It honestly sounds like fun! I am so glad that your year is starting off so great Lori!