Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Blah's

Today was just a Monday ~ why is it so much harder to get up on a Monday?? The snooze button works overtime for me every Monday morning! :-)

School was a little blah ~ I got a new student today and still only had 4 total today!! Good thing I am team teaching. Between the two of us, we had 12 kids. I didn't love the lesson today though...you know when you don't LOVE the lesson, it's hard to get the kids to love the lesson. I am one of those teachers that when I am excited about something, it shows through and the kids are instantly on board b/c they wanna know what all the excitement is about ~ not today! ha! BUT, tomorrow's lesson I am pumped about so tomorrow is a new day!! We are half way through summer school as of today ~ time flies!! Only 9 days to go and next week is a 2 day week b/c of the 4th!!

Oh...in GOOD news, I got word from my NEW principal today that all the paperwork needed for my transfer has been signed off on and approved!! So...I am officially changing schools next year ~ a new adventure awaits! yay!

5 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

That's why they invent the word Monday's blues...I'm the same too!
Btw Congrats!!

Steffi said...

I agree with you all!I don´t like Mondays too...
Have a nice week ;O)!

Woo Pig Brewey! said...

Glad the transfer is going through!

Steff said...

My theory about Monday is that I'm back into a sleeping late routine from the weekend. I hate having to get up on Monday mornings too!

What was the lesson about? I didn't want to do summer school this year, but I'm thinking about applying to teach next year. This year summer school is at our campus. I just hope my room is the way I left it!

Lori said...

The lesson was the second in a series on percentages...they had to challenge each other to walk a certain percentage on a "make believe" sidewalk. I thought it was boring and not very challenging. Today was MUCH better! :-)