Sunday, June 24, 2007

I just thought I was exhausted yesterday!

It really hit this morning ~ every muscle in my body ached!! I took a lesson from my cat Nala's book today and laid around all day and napped off and on! :-)

The catering job is done and was a success! Not only that, Kevin has me roped in as his number one fan (not that it was that hard!). I just really didn't know what to expect, and I loved it! The people were great, and it was fun! I mean, there was constantly something to organize, and I am an organizing fool!! LOL! Friday was good, but Saturday was GREAT! By Saturday we all knew what to expect and had a system. I worked one table, Tanner worked the other, Kevin and his Mom worked one grill with the burgers, and his dad worked another grill with the hot dogs and beans. We ROCKED!!

It was a pretty big youth event ~ the state tournament for skeet shooting. So...there was gunfire in the background all day! ha! Kevin cooked 700 burgers on Friday and 1,000 on Saturday!!! And the line moved fast and steady, and the compliments were plentiful. I am so proud of Kevin!! He even was filmed for a show on AETN/PBS called either Cooking Arkansas or a segment on Arkansas Outside! (15 minutes of fame are up!)

Here's a slide of our weekend ~

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Okay, my mouth is watering just LOOKING at those pictures!! And you know what's crazy?? I can actually smell the grill right now! Looks like everyone was happy and tired, but a GREAT tired. Congrats on a job well done!!

la bellina mammina said...

YuM!

Tasha said...

Good Job guys...