Monday, June 11, 2007

Camping Trip


My first campsite with the camper!! yay!! My niece helped me set up and was actually helpful! ha! She helped me make the beds, hang the lights, put the tablecloth on, and get the trash bag set up "just like grandma does" ~ she made me stop and watch so I'd know how to do it!!! She is about to be in 3rd grade and is like a mini-grown-up! LOL!
The first night was nice with a good breeze and I didn't even have to use the air conditioner!! But without the AC running, the next morning, I heard EVERYTHING going on like being in a tent! ha! I ran it the next night and slept in a little!! It sure beat sleeping in a tent!! And, the best part is that all my stuff is stored in the camper now and all I have to do is go to the grocery store and I'm ready to roll!

Kevin and I were chillin' reading and having coffee (him) and a morning Dr. Pepper (me). How can you start the day without a DP? :-) If you see the look on my face, my Mom shocked me with a comment right before snapping the picture! She can be a little spunky when she wants to be and you never know when it's coming! I said something about Kevin reading the paper and I was reading about sex in Cosmo. She comes back with "sex is a sport". Hence, the look on my face - I know she didn't!

Time to load the boat (my parents) and go home! :-( I'll try to post more pics tomorrow and stories tomorrow!! It was a good trip, but too quick!

I got back last night and started summer school today ~ I only had 4 kids!!! Who knows what tomorrow will bring?!?

I am drowning in laundry so I gotta go! I will catch up on everyone's blog this week ~ promise!! :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Your camp site looks great! It's a good thing your neice was there to show you how things are done! LOL

la bellina mammina said...

That was so much fun! and nice photos too!

Steff said...

Those string of camping lights bring back memories...we had little owl ones! Anyway, it looks like y'all had a great time.

And too funny about what your mom said! I always get freaked out when my mom says something to me about sex in the context of me having it. I guess that never goes away...lol!

Tasha said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Love your campsite!

Trina said...

That looks like Soooo much fun!! Im totally jealous!! I will have to make sure my boys don't see those pictures over my shoulder for I will never hear the end of "Let's go camping, let's go camping!!" Glad you had a great time!!!

Woo Pig Brewey! said...

I really like that camper. Wish I had one like it. :(

Lindsey said...

Love the pics! The camper looks great and the place looks so relaxing. I can't wait to camp now! Bummer about 4 kids at summer school...but maybe they needed a week to recoup before coming back.