Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Today's Spring Break in pics...

I started today working on that research project that I have procrastinated on...I am about 1/3 of the way done...it's a pretty intense project that I've put off. Oh well, it's a little too cool to be in the flowerbeds in the mornings anyway. So, I'll try to do a little bit each morning! I will be SOOO glad to be finished with this one! To relax, I started on the flowerbed extension today. Remember, yesterday it was just tilled up. Today, I planted all the the free plants I scored and started on the border. I also transplanted a few of my plants and got three of the beds ready for mulch. I do love working in the flowerbeds!!
But, look what I killed today: I didn't even scream! I froze for a second, because I almost stepped on it AND it was heading straight for Jax who was laying in the sun while I gardened!! So, I grabbed a shovel and proceeded to stab it until I was certain it was dead. And, then I thought - GREAT, the snakes are already out! urgh! Jax relaxing after his snake scare. "Whew! That was a close one! Thanks for saving my life Mom!"
"Eek! They are so dramatic - let's nap!"
LOL!

Happy Tuesday ~ who do you think
will be booted from Dancing with the Stars?


8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ooooh I wish it were warm enough here to start gardening!! Good luck with that paper!!

Anonymous said...

Snakes?? That's WHY I'm not an outdoorsy person. hehee

L said...

Ummm Yikes that's a big snake. Did you identify it? Looks scary. Your really are getting the hang of this country life aren't ya - killing snakes all on your own now! You go! The new bed looks GREAT! I've been walking my yard every day looking for new little shoots of green to pop up in my beds.

Erika said...

What kind of a snake was that!! Better yet is it poisonous?!! Your flowerbeds are going to look great. Can't wait for more pictures.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you! That mother bear instinct kicked in, didn't it? Jax told me that he is proud of you, too! The cats were not impressed, they said so what, they do it all the time.

Anonymous said...

Shocked. I'm just shocked.

First of all - you relax by gardening? I get stressed just thinking about it.

Then - a snake. Good heavens. You'd have heard from scream from here.

Then - you killed it all by yourself. I would have run straight for the house and not left until Jeff got home to kill it for me.

I'm impressed!!

Steff said...

Okay, you know the last time you had one of those I had one not a few days later! I'll be certain to watch where I step. Ha!

Hope you are enjoying your break! :)

Dr. Pepper said...

I take it those snakes are poisonous?

We only have the gardner snakes here... not poisonous. Hubs is scared of them. I pick them up and remove them for him. Sissy!