Friday, March 28, 2008

Country Kids at heart...

Kevin has today and tomorrow off ~ yay! We started off this morning with a good burn pile...I do love a good burn pile! This one was HUGE! Technically, I am in the city limits, but not really. The road behind us was in the country not too long ago, and then developers came in and made a neighborhood behind them. Since I back up to them, and they make burn piles, then I can too! ha!
See, I'm careful and do just like Dad says and spray around it with water to set my boundaries and I never leave it unattended. Plus, I love the smell of it! Oh, for the city girls ~ note my new highlights! LOL!

I spent today burning yard clippings, cleaning out the pond at the dismay of Mr. Toad (see him?) and cleaning up the deck. (once I find some new cushions, I will take a pic!) Yep, I am ready for SPRING!
Kevin spent today getting the garden started. It is in the first stages, and I have to say I am impressed. Right now, the plants are still growing in his little greenhouse - remember? Today he started getting the bed ready. He tilled up his compost that has been down all winter, got some topsoil and tilled it in and then went back and got a load of compost soil. He was Mr. Farmer B today!! Look how loaded down Old Blue is... that truck has come in super handy this week!
The garden is much bigger than last year!! We are going to have big tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, squash, green beans, cucumbers, jalapenos, bell peppers, zucchini, and carrots. woo-hoo! Now, any ideas on how to keep the squirrels out of our tomatoes this year??? Yep, you can take the kids out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the kids!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy!

And I love the hair!

Lindsey said...

Love it girl!!! You are truly ready for spring and summer already!! Can you send some spring weather to us?? We just got dumped on AGAIN last night with snow. Ugh!! The highlights look awesome!

Anonymous said...

You have been one busy woman!! Love the hair!

Dr. Pepper said...

So, when are you coming to do my yard? It needs help bad!! You are so good at this stuff.. I'll come to you for pointers.

Tasha said...

I need a gardener too!!!!

Laski said...

I can't wait to dig into a garden! I can't garden, but that is so totally besides the point!