Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nooooooo! Say it isn't so!

  • Spring Break is over ... tomorrow is an alarm clock day! :-( I need a few more days, so I can at least start missing the kids. ha! If I didn't have spring fever before, I certainly do now!!
  • Which brings me to some good news, I am not going to work this summer (first time in a long time). I do really like teaching summer school, but I am only 6 classes away from finishing my Masters. So, I am taking two classes this summer. Should be just enough to keep me from getting bored and spending too much money (that I won't have b/c I'm not working! ha!)
  • In other good news/masters news, I literally just finished my research project!!!!! I have printed it out to proof read. Thank goodness for the bit of rain the past two days that made me stay inside to work on it! ha!
  • And, one gripe and then I'm off to proof read. As I working on my project yesterday, I opened the blinds so I could have a bit of a view while I worked. Guess what I viewed? My neighbor (granted he is a kid, but I have other neighbors that do it too), was taking his dog for a walk and letting it poop in my flowerbed! Ummm....hello? I am a dog lover and professed animal nut, but this really ticks me off! (this and dog owner who let their dogs out in the front yard or go for a walk with no lead but we'll save that for another day). When I opened the front door, he jumped a mile b/c he knew he was busted - which tells me he knows it's wrong! I nicely, but also grouchily said (hee-hee -it's possible - you say it grouchy but put a southern hun or sweetheart at the front to soften it), "Take your dog to your yard to use the bathroom!" I did get a sorry (not a poop pick up though!). But today, he just took the dog to another neighbor's yard! urgh!
  • oh, and I updated my pictures in my sidebar - what do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The nerve of some neighbors. I've run back home and grabbed more bags if Vader messed in someone elses yard. I hate being one of "those" people.

Love your new photos too. Very cute!

Lindsey said...

Oh I feel your pain Lori. It really hurts tonight. I think the longer I teach the HARDER it gets to go back. And I'm not looking forward to everyone asking the same question "How was your break?" because you know everyone is thinking "it wasn't long enough." Ugh. Are you going to bed early or staying up late in denial??

Lori said...

Still indecisive! ha! I'm just mad I have to get up early and actually fix my hair and put on make-up tomorrow ~ although I think Kevin will be grateful!

Laski said...

Oh, bummer . . . again, summer is closing in!!!

I remember the incredible feeling of relief when my master's research project was done. It was as if a 1000 lb monkey jumped off my back!

For some reason I can't see the photos, but I'll check back . . .

Have a GREAT Monday!!

la bellina mammina said...

love your photos!!

Maybe you should go over and speak to the mom about the dog?

Tasha said...

like the new pics in the sidebar...