Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday pics

Today has been a mixture of lazy and getting things done too! I would accomplish something and then rest a bit! ha! Vacation is good like that! First, I got the pop-up ready for camping season. I popped her up in the garage (let me insert here - I quickly remembered why I usually leave this job to Kevin! Jeez! I thought I was going to die before my out of shape self could get the thing popped up!) But I did it, and sat there taking several deep breaths for a bit to recover! ha! She is all ready now to pull out of the garage and hit the camping scene. I have a very short shopping list to get her restocked on a few things.When Kevin got home he tilled up an extension area of my wild flowerbed against the fence ~ which I will work on tomorrow. I scored a BUNCH of free plants today. My cleaning lady was here (yeah - I now have a clean house!!), and she had a friend who was tearing up one of her flowerbeds. She was going to toss out the plants - throw them away. See the bucket below ~ I got 5 buckets full of plants from her today for FREE! hee-hee!! I love it! Between those and splitting some of mine that are in desperate need, I will have the extension filled up in no time and for free!! (even better!) Look - here is Kevin's garden so far this year. He's so proud of his mini greenhouse. Today was the first day without the lid....he has Friday off and the start of working on the garden begins!And, here is Nala seeming to say, "I'll use this thing if you aren't going to." LOL! And, what is it about cats and boxes?

4 comments:

Erika said...

I miss having a spring break!! I hope you enjoy yours!! I love the pic of the cat in the box.

Lindsey said...

Nice pics Lori...love the treadmill one....vacations are great because it's all AT YOUR PACE!! I am enjoying too!!

Anonymous said...

Let's go camping!! Errr....how about YOU go camping and fill me in on how it went? LOL I'm so NOT an outdoorsy person. I like hearing your adventures and seeing your pictures though. Does that count as fresh air for me? LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds about right. Work. Rest. Work. Rest. Just like a vacation should be.

I of course, only rest on mine... I don't believe in following the norm! :) I'm stubborn like that!