Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Could it be the weather?

Remember, how I bragged about it being 70 degrees here all weekend? Well, this is what I drove to school in yesterday. It was a big, pretty snow. An hour away, they got up to 16 inches!! We only got maybe an inch. I think it is almost sinful to have to drive to school in the snow...think of the kids! ha! But, I also admit the roads were clear. So, what would any good teacher do - feeling a little sick or not? That's right, I took 'em out to play in the snow. For pictures of that - go to Our Classroom site.
I had to stay home sick today - couldn't shake whatever it is I have. I came home from school Tuesday and went straight to bed. I really only got up to eat and then back to bed until about 3:30pm today. I think I am feeling better now. Thanks to my sweetest guy ever, Kevin, who has given me meds, come home at lunch to make sure I had chicken noodle soup, and taken care of me for the past 3 days. Love you honey!!
But get this - all weekend, 70 degrees, then Tuesday - snow, today 60 degrees, and they are calling for snow on Friday. CRAZY weather! My fingers are crossed we get snow on Friday!! Please don't go North of us again!! Just ONE snow day! Everybody do your snow dances!!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm dancing Lori, I'm dancing!!

Laski said...

I'm dancin' too! You need to take care, you!

I hear ya--it was about 70 degrees here the other day. Now, 45. We have flooding, snow, sleet, rain heading our way. Great. Just great!

la bellina mammina said...

OH WOW! Here, it was pouring this morning. Get well soon!!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you don't have the flu. Working for the hospital, I know there are a LOT Of cases going around. Even the doctors are sick. They are hacking and sniffin' during their dictations. Get yourself well, ya hear? Gotta go now...I have a snow dance to do.

Erika said...

I'm dancing that you get the snow and not me!!! I am so sick of snow. Illinois has gotten its fill. I can't remember a winter with this much snow. And winter just keeps hanging in there. It won't go away!!

Tasha said...

Could it be the "other" flu getting you under the weather, Hmmmm? You know pregnancy is contagious! Anyways I am dancing for your snow day..here is Michigan we got 7.5 inches on Wednesday and they are calling for another 5-10 inches friday night..Good Lord enough snow already!

Anonymous said...

We've been in the 60s & 70s. Today I'm sitting at home blog-surfing because they closed the office early and sent all of us home. Awful winter weather. I can't wait for the warmer temps again (which will be tomorrow I'm sure!)