Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ahhhh.....Spring Break!

I LOVE Spring Break...the freedom to put things off to whenever you get to them...flowerbeds are budding...projects are in the air (hee-hee! I love projects!)...camping season is right around the corner...fresh air...and I admit a hint of sadness that the school year only has nine weeks left! Time flies!

Friday was a half-day for teachers, so I did my grades, report cards, got my plans ready for the week after the break, and was "officially" on vacation around 11:30am Friday!! I think that is when you all heard a distant "whooo-hoooo!" ha! Friday, I relaxed a bit, read a bit, and got some stuff ready for a yard sale. Then, Saturday morning, my cousin, Sandy and I had a very successful yard sale. Note this - the first weekend of Spring is a great time to make your trash someone else's treasure - it is the first weekend that all the yard salers get out and they are in prime spending mode! We were wiped out of all the good stuff in the first 20 minutes and had almost sold everything when we closed the garage door! And, I made $200! yipee! Not a bad start for Spring Break (except for the waking up early part!). I did get to go to TaMolly's - my favorite - for lunch, so another bonus! After that, I napped! And then....my organizing craziness kicked into overdrive. I was just going to clean up from the yard sale and ended up building one of those crate shelves for the garage and going into major organizing high! I can just stand in the garage and smile! It's a sickness I have - this organizing rush I get! LOL!

Today, Kevin and I went to the early church service for Easter, and then headed to Newport to my parent's place to pick up the camper. Thanks Mom and Dad for storing the pop-up all winter!! We were going to camp one night this week to get her (the camper is a her) ready for the season, but Kevin's schedule didn't work out. So, I'm going to pop her up tomorrow in the garage and get her ready. That will give me a project while the cleaning lady is here (an indulgence I cannot live without!). Anyway...that's what's going on here. I am in bliss to be on vacation. I'll post pictures of any projects/progress later! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be over in a minute to help you spend that $200...

:)

Laski said...

Yeah for vacation!!! Oooohhhh . . . and $200! Woo hoo.

Thanks for the comment about my dilemma--it is good to hear from another teacher. My teacher friends are eager for me to return . . . me, no so much.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that you made $200.00 and aren't spending the day in the mall! heehee

Tasha said...

Sometimes I envy you and Lindsey with the vacations you get...But then again, sometimes I don't even like my own kids and wonder what I would do with other peoples kids, and then I don;t envy you 2 so much anymore, LOL.

WOW $200.00, do you need help spending???