Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yada-Yada

Here's what is going on around LoriLand:
  • What did Simba do this week??? Well, you know he did something because he's always in trouble!! This, in my opinion, may be his worst one yet. He brought in a HUGE rat. Yep, you read that correctly. AND, he dropped it in the middle of the living room floor. It wasn't dead. There was A LOT of screaming!! Simba got a spanking so hard that it hurt my hand! ha! And, my neighbor had to come help me get the rat out from under the entertainment center...the big, heavy entertainment center!! Doggie doors are great, unless you have a hunting cat!!!
  • Tomorrow we have a field trip at school. I love them, and I hate them. I worry about loosing a kid every time! I count them constantly! ha! We are suppose to have a picnic lunch after, so I hope it doesn't rain....
  • It's also red ribbon week at school or Drug Free Week. Here is our bulletin board...I visualized it cuter than it turned out, but it will do! :-) They are suppose to be ghosts...can you tell they are ghosts? You won't hurt my feelings if you can't tell!
  • In the news around here (and nationally), one of the local news anchors was brutally attacked in her home earlier in the week. It has just weighed on my mind what this girl has had to endure. She is still in critical condition. When you say your prayers, say a prayer for her and her family. They don't know yet if it was random or if she was targeted because of being on tv, but it has reminded me to be on higher alert and aware of my surroundings. Let's just say my pistol is A LOT closer to me and easier to reach. Don't even think about pulling a prank on me b/c you may get shot!
  • Oh, that parent conference with "nice hips" dad isn't until Friday...for all of you inquiring minds! I saved the best (or most awkward) for last! LOL!
  • Lastly, SCRAP NIGHT is Friday night!! Woo-hoo!!!!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love the bulletin board...I have been struggling with what to do this year with mine...it's one of those things that we just don't have time for! Can't wait to hear about the conference. Yay scrap night!

Tasha said...

The board is cute! Wow I didn;t realize that the attack happened so close to you..I did hear about it here...How aweful....Stay safe.

Anonymous said...

The picture won't show up for me...so yeah...those are some might fine ghosts! I can't even see them! LOL

I read something about the news anchor woman. I didn't realize it was in your area. How sad.

Oh, and you're not fooling anyone. You saved the hips dad for last so you could spend more time with him!! I'm going to tell Kevin!! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I got the picture to show finally, and they really are some mighty fine ghosts! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

What, no pic of the rat??

Anonymous said...

Ooh Simba, you might be in trouble for a long time......
I am suprised I didn't hear you screaming over here.
See you for scrapping. I made homemade cheese cake with strawberry topping.
Peggy