Thursday, October 09, 2008

A few more lessons...

Ok folks, I'm on limited time while the niece is in the shower! (Note: Now I understand why my ex-boyfriend that had a kid only called while his kid was in the shower. It's the only free time you have! ha)
**I have learned that Disney channel is your friend where kids are involved. I never realized how bad tv was until this week. All my shows except Dancing...no good for kids! They are sitting on the DVR just waiting for the weekend! When do you parents EVER have time to watch tv?
**Teacher note: I will NOT give homework anymore that suggests or requires the parent to be involved. Jeez - I get it, when they are doing homework, you can use that time to get some other stuff done! Ok...I get it now! ha!
**I have learned that I need to get everything done that I want to do NOW - before kids - because I will have NO time after! Seriously - whole new respect for you parents and Tayhlor is an easy child. She even pops out of bed in the mornings faster than me!
**I learned that if you don't monitor what little people make themselves for breakfast, you could walk into the kitchen first thing in the morning to the smell of reheated Mexican food from the night before....that they are eating for breakfast!! ewww!
**I admit that last night I was a little sickly - still trying to fight it off - and I took some medicine and went to sleepy town for a bit. (but really with one eye and ear open - never fully asleep - so, how do you get rest when you are sick as a parent, do share?!?)
**OHHHH, and I learned last night that PG-13 movies maybe should just be R!!! But she swears she had already seen it! Jeez!
**Now you judge how the cat feels about the week: Happy Cat or Mad Cat? hee-hee!


**Seriously, it was a fun week. I was worried about mornings, but turns out she is easier to deal with than ME in the mornings! I am pretty sure we will all (fur kids included) miss her when she's gone back home!

4 comments:

L said...

I'm so Laughing right now!!!!!

Tasha said...

I ditto the top comment...you are hysterical

Anonymous said...

LOL You are crackin' me up!! But maybe now you understand why I don't watch television! Even if I wanted to, I can't get it off the Disney channel long enough! I've come to enjoy The Suite Life and Hannah Montana!

Lori said...

Those were my favorites! I hate to admit that I liked Hannah Montana! ha!