Sunday, October 05, 2008

Free to Good Home

Now, if a friend tells you about 2 horses that are "dead broke" and free to a good home...who comes to mind to take them off someone's hands? Yep, my Momma!
So....because my friend Debbie thought of her when her neighbor said they would give their horses to someone if they were a good home, Debbie emailed my Mom and the rest is history.
Look at our two newest members of the horse family:

Meet Doc, the gelding in the front and Sugar, the mare with the star on her face. I think Sugar is so pretty! They ended up with us because these people got them for their grand-daughter when she was going through a horse faze that faded. They weren't horse people and the horses were just going to waste in the pasture with no one to pay attention to them.

They sure won't have THAT problem anymore! What is the horse count at Mom's now you ask? 8! YEE-HAW!!

3 comments:

Laski said...

Oh, great. Read a blog and now I want a horse . . . geesh.

Your mom is so cool. Does she know that???

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming that since they belonged to a girl going through a horse phase that they are saddle broke?? I know Kayce will ask me, along with the question, "When can I go to Kathy's house????"

Anonymous said...

I read the title of your post and was hesitant...I was sure I was going to see lots of pictures of cats!! You know they scare me! LOL Was I ever relieved they were horses!! Horses are good! I wish we had a place to keep a horse because I would so buy one. Or two.