Thursday, October 02, 2008

Book Talk: God's Answers to Life's Difficult Questions by Rick Warren

I finished this book last night. It is by the author of The Purpose Driven Life. I loved both of these books. To give you an idea here are the chapter titles:
1. How can I cope with stress?
2. How can I rebound from failure?
3. How can I defeat depression?
4. How can I live about average?
5. How can I have peace of mind?
6. How can I handle discouragement?
7. How can I overcome my problems?
8. How can I be confident in crisis?
9. How can I ever change?
10. How did I get myself into this mess?
11. How can I overcome loneliness?
12. Why is this happening to me?

No one's life is perfect. No matter how much some people try to pretend they are. We all have problems. There isn't a person alive (in my opinion) that at least one of these chapters can't help. It is a short book, an easy read, and a reminder of what is most important in life.

The best line from the chapter I read last night is what I will leave you with: Turning your life over to Jesus Christ does not mean that he will always take you out of the storm, but it does mean that he will give you the courage and strength to weather it.

4 comments:

Ms. Barnhart's 2nd Grade Class said...

Amen to that!

Anonymous said...

LOL I just commented something very similar on Tasha's blog. I was talking about marriage...but I said if someone says theirs is perfect, they are so lying!! The same holds true for one's life!! If life were perfect, it would be so boring.

You hang in there. This storm will pass!!

la bellina mammina said...

This is one book I want to read...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE books, and this one seems right up my alley. I especially love the quote you picked. What a true statement.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think I might come back and get to know you more! :)