Sunday, October 26, 2008

Kevin Update

I think we can all take a page from Fred's book, the resident dog at John 3:16. Just take it easy...no worries!
Seriously, I have cried over the local news around here. I could blog about it, but it's on every one's mind around Arkansas. I think we are all trying to make sense out of something so senseless...
So instead, I will focus on today and the continuous positive progress of Mr. Kevin!
He was able to move into one of the cabins this week. We sat outside in the camping chairs today and chilled ... like the old souls we are! ha! He has lost even MORE weight and just looks better and better every time I see him. I never doubted this was the right thing, but I wondered if he would take FULL advantage of the opportunity given to him to start his life over. He is using his time wisely and becoming more of the man that God wants him to be. That is all we can ask for! Thank you SO much to all of you that are sending cards and care packages. He loves them and proudly shows me all his stuff each Sunday with a big grin on his face. His recovery wouldn't be possible without all of your support and continued prayers!
BIG HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!!

2 comments:

L said...

Yeah for Kevin. I needed a little good news today and this made me smile. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear Kevin is doing well! I know this makes you feel a little better about living alone for a while (but just a little, of course!!) Anyway, I'm glad he's doing so well!