Monday, August 04, 2008

Visitors ~ Part II

Go HERE for Part I if you must, but the gist of it is we are searching for a "home church" or a church that is a fit for us. I meant to post about this a few weeks ago, but somehow time slipped away.
Anyway...we think we may be onto to something with a church right here where we live (instead of driving into "town" where we work and all the good restaurants are). This church is actually 5 minutes up the road. Bonus. It is also the size we are looking for ~ I would guess that there were around 200 people in attendance. We could actually get to know the people in the church. Another plus was that most of the congregation was close to our age. Sounds good so far - right? Well, Kevin didn't like the contemporary music. But not to worry, they have an early morning traditional service. Herein lies the problem folks...EARLY service. Alarm clock on the weekend service. Yep, we have had plans for 2 weeks now to make the early service. One weekend we got in the night before at 12:30 am from the horse show...didn't make it. This weekend, we left the horse show early, so we could get up. The alarm went off. I hit snooze. Went off again. I turned it off. It's true. I am in big trouble starting Friday when I have to get up and go to work again! LOL!
All was not lost, we did go to church. We went to the 10:30 service at the church I've been going to with my cousin. I was so excited to get to hear the preacher because I love his messages, and guess what? He was on vacation in Florida! ha! It was still a good service though (although a bit long winded ~ remember I have A.D.D.), and we WILL try our best to get to the early service and try the traditional service this week. That is my pledge!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaHa At least you are SETTING your alarm for church. That's more than I do. LOL Next week...next week...

Anonymous said...

Kevin needs to give the contemporary service another try. That is what we thought when we moved from our little church and now we both love it.
Michelle

Lindsey said...

You are almost there, just get up the first time the alarm goes off....easier said than done, I know!!!

Anonymous said...

Zip it Michelle.

Lori said...

Michelle -
2 guesses who is sassing you and the first one doesn't count! His name starts with a K!! :-)