Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rant

Let's talk about toxic people...you know those people who enter our lives somehow or that we know really aren't good for us. Those people that bring stress to your life rather than joy....toxic people. URGH! What do you do about them? I, unfortunately, let things build and build most of the time. And, my close friends, must listen to me vent. ha! I have one friend (you know who you are), that will occasionally "weed" her friends. Kind of like weeding a flower garden. She "weeds" out the friends that are toxic to her - the ones that bring stress to her life. Stop and think. You all know someone like that in your life. They are the takers. They take, take, take and NEVER give back in return. I admit that I took my friends philosophy and did some weeding. Divorce can show a person who their true friends are. I have a close circle of friends that I would do anything for and know I would get the same in return. Women ~ I think all need that circle to survive. We hold each other up. We celebrate each others successes. We do not judge each other. We bring joy into each others lives.
And, then there are those toxic people who just bring us stress and drama. Drama is a whole other topic. I try to stay away from drama. Yet, these toxic people seem to thrive in it and bring it to you. What to do if they can't be "weeded"? You know it's easy to "weed" or even avoid people that you don't see regularly, but what if it's someone you have to see daily or almost daily? How do you keep that stress out of your life? How do you keep their negativeness (is that a word?) from affecting your life? That's what I want to know. I am not a confrontational person. I hate conflict and will people please to avoid it. So, you can see where a "taker" might take advantage of someone like me?!? Hence, the stress! I really do try to find the positive in almost all situations...but I have worked before with a very negative person...a real downer. When you listen to that ALL the time, you can start to feel it rub off on you. But you work with this person, so you can't really "weed" 'em. What to do?
How do you deal with someone that drives you absolutely crazy no matter how much you try to start over and give them a break???? That's what I wanna know. And, come on, no matter how nice you are, we have all encountered these toxic people at some point or another in our lives. How did you deal with them? Maybe it will help me deal with mine! Seriously...you better tell me or you'll have to read another rant! Ha!
**Disclaimer ~ no it's not Kevin! LOL!

5 comments:

Steff said...

Round Up...lots and lots of Round Up.

Seriously that probably won't work, so sometimes you have to sit that person down for some tough love and just say straight out...this is what I feel and this is what I need to do for me (use lots of I sentences so it isn't as hurtful) and then follow through. Trust me, if she finds out from another person that you think this about her she'll be hurt even more than a few hard words from you.

Sometimes you just gotta buck up and spray those weeds down. Usually beautiful green grass grows back!

Anonymous said...

I have TWO toxic people in my life, and they are people who also are not "weedable." I'm stuck with them. I have no advice to offer, but please let me know if you find the answer to this situation so I can try it for myself! Toxic people don't even know they're toxic, I think.

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes, We all have these "Weeds" some of us ahve more thanothers.. I have been doing alot of weeding lately, and starting some new gardens...

I really don't have any 'good' advice for stopping the ones you can not avoid, I have learned that in time you catch yourself acting as them toward them, which in time when they may see how it really feels...

I wish you luck and hope all of your "weeds" soon disappear with the upcoming fall season, and maybe you can get some beautiful flowers from it...

Anytime you need to vent, we are here to share your vent cause we all have them!

Anonymous said...

I just like you. Sure wish weeding was easier...

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh crap. Did I get weeded? Is that what happened? Give me another chance....
Pdv