Thursday, August 07, 2008

Vacation is officially over...

Tomorrow I go back to work. After two months off, I am ready. I admit it! I really did surprise myself and not get bored this summer, but taking my Masters class in July helped. I still don't know my grade but that should come next week.
I have gone to the school twice already this week and worked in my room for a few hours. I love getting everything ready for the new year and deciding what to do differently and what worked and should stay the same. I will take pictures of the room when I finish. The only bummer about the room is that our building is getting painted but not until mid-September. So....we are going to have to take EVERYTHING down when they paint our rooms and then put it back up again. Why didn't they paint this summer? Good question! Big district and scheduling issues apparently...
Tomorrow it will be fun to see everyone (except for the sitting through meetings part! urgh!)
I went shopping with my Mom and niece today for back to school stuff and got myself a first day outfit. ha! Can you tell I'm ready to go back to school?
Happy Friday Everyone!

4 comments:

Steff said...

Lucky you! My school did undergo renevations this summer. They aren't complete. Teachers can't get into the building until August 18. Yeah, my like-to-fly-by-the-seat-of-a-plan pants are starting to freak.

I can't wait to see your room and steal some inspiration! So take lots...LOL. :)

Laski said...

REALLY? But it just started. Where the heck has summer gone.

I'm gonna miss school this year. I can't lie. It is finally setting in that I am a SAHM. Eek.

Lindsey said...

I'm with Steff-take lots of pics!!! You are so much more excited than I am about going back!! I hope your first day was great!! I hear ya on the meetings....

Tasha said...

wow schools back already...CRAZY