Saturday, August 16, 2008

Welcome to Ms. J's Classroom!



I am hoping by sharing my classroom with you, I will get back to my excited stage!
I was so pumped and ready for school to start until a few meeting with the main person in charge...then the fun got zapped out of everything. I don't know why I am letting it get me so down. Maybe because I always try to make my kids feel special and give them reasons to LIKE school, and I feel like most of those got taken away from me. Everything seemed so negative. We were 2nd in math and 3rd in reading in our district with test scores - no pat on the back or job well done, but rather, "I would really like to be 1st." We can no longer have lunch with our kids in our rooms. This is a FREE reward I use with my kids as incentive with our Accelerated Reader program. FREE - on my own time. Not anymore. And, the one that really has me down, No more classroom pets. All because of one irresponsible teacher...I'll save that for another day. But yes, now Nibbles is home here for good. I have had her in the classroom for four years. Last year, the kids ADORED her. She was a Rock Star. I am just hoping that maybe I can be convincing once things settle down and get her back in the classroom. Enjoy the pics ~ I'll get out of my funk when I have the kids in the room and get nervous Monday morning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your room!! You did a wonderful job and the kids will be excited to learn there.

Lindsey said...

Girl, you spoke the words that I dread to feel when I go back. Admin always seems to take the fun out of things. The meetings are worthless, everything can be put into a memo, seriously. I know exactly what you mean. I hope you get your excitement back. I know you will, Sunday you will start getting excited and then Monday morning you'll be so excited you'll probably wake up super early!! It will all come back when you get those adorable new babies!! And keep using your reward system, get through the first week, get something for yourself!!

Lori said...

Great idea Lindsey - I know JUST what I'm gonna get too! I want one of those tall director's chair for my classroom. It's a reward time!
I feel a little better than I did the past two days. I got outside and did some work in the yard and got my house all clean. That helped!!

Anonymous said...

Your room looks awesome! I love the "flip flop into 3rd grade" thing! Maybe the rules will change about the pets as the year gets started. Fingers crossed!