Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's been two years today...

...since our first date as adults. So many memories we share. Memories that take us well past two years. How many times were we in the same class in elementary school? (but not 3rd grade..heehee..don't worry I won't go into that story!) I have church lock-in memories, Sunday school class memories, then dating briefly as young teenagers (yes, yes, I know I broke your heart)....but my favorite memories were college and now. You somehow had me suckered into doing your laundry even back then! :-) I know that things aren't great right now....that we are in a slump, but relationships, even good ones, go through highs and lows. It is how you handle the lows that truly make the relationship in my opinion. Throughout everything in our lifetime of being friends, we have always been there for each other. That is priceless.

I think that one of our high school friends said it best when you told him we were dating. Remember? He said, "That makes sense. You were always one of her favorite people." And that is true, we have always loved hanging around each other. We have always had one of those easy relationships where if you don't happen to talk or see each other for a bit, you easily pick right back up where you left off. I remember how exited I was when we had lost touch for a few years as adults, and I found out how to reach you through one of our old college friends. Remember when I called you at the restaurant? The laughter is what I remember most.

As I look back over the past two years, I am grateful to have you back in my life. I am sure the perception is that I support you in your disease. And I do. But YOU also support me and hold me up with battles that I face in my life. No one is perfect. We all have issues. Having lived together for a year, I think we have both sacrificed for each other and know that we aren't perfect. ha!

Mainly today, I want to tell you why I love you or what I love most about you...some are so simple, but those matter the most!

Kevin,
I love you for....cooking me meals that you think I will like...remembering which ones I am not fond of and only making them when I'm not home...I love that you feel that I won't eat unless you cook for me! ha......going to the grocery store....stopping at flea markets when we road trip...I love you for worrying if we haven't had time to talk and making us both stop and just talk to each other about nothing....thank you for leaving me little notes when you know I feel bad about something...thank you for trying to pick up after yourself because you know a messy house stresses me out....I love you for growing us a garden so we could have fresh veggies....for mowing the yard even though you HATE it....for understanding when I am grouchy....for listening to me talk about my school kids....I love you for being kind to my pets and making them your own...I love you for not caring that the guinea pig now lives in our kitchen! ha....I love your smile and your eyes...I love that we have a history together that goes back years and years even to our great-grandparents...I love that we both want to live in the country someday and have a pet pig and a pet goat!!! ha....mostly, I love you because you are my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without you.

Happy 2 years babe,
Lori

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awwwww, Happy Two Years!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Happy Anniversary to you!
Kevin you will have to join us and scrapbook this letter.
Peggy

L said...

Wow - two years! Way to go - this is really sweet. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy two years! Great letter - You made me cry.

Tasha said...

Happy 2 years

Laski said...

*tears*

So, sweet. And so honest.

Happy 2 years!

Anonymous said...

Sweetest post ever! Congrats you two!! -Amy

Anonymous said...

I commented on this once but for some reason it did not go through. I think I said something like: Oh, that is so sweet! I think the best relationships are those built on friendship. You guys have a whole lifetime of love and cherished memories -- the stuff solid marriages are built on! (Hint, hint!)