Thursday, August 21, 2008

This week FLEW by...

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already!!! The first week of school is almost behind me ~ crazy! It's been quite a week too. My class is an interesting group. Right now, I am just having to be a lot more strict than I like to be, but I know it will pay off in the end. When I have time to breathe, I will fill you in on some of our "issues"....I may need some advice from some of you Momma's and teachers out there! ha!

I definitely need a reward tomorrow. I am going to stop at Pier 1 on the way home and see if they have one of those tall director's chairs for my room. I want one BAD! Then, on Saturday, I have a girls afternoon planned complete with a trip to a new scrapbook store! woo-hoo!!

I'll leave you with this ~ I made hallway passes this year out of clothespins. I thought it was a great idea. It was cheap for when they lose them (which they will), easy b/c I just spray painted them and wrote hall pass on them with a sharpie. Done! The best part was that I told them to pin them to their shirt or collar ~ that way they would never touch the nasty bathroom floor. Passes always end up on the nasty bathroom floor. Then, I never want to touch them! Well, today, one of my children clipped it to the inside of his nose ~ ewwww!! and ouch! (LOL!)

**I will catch up on blog reading this weekend ~ promise! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a toss-up to me....bathroom floor or snotty nose??? heehee

Steff said...

That is a great idea. I have a girls' pass and a boys' pass. I always preach about the string on the end should go on the hook on the door, but I also know that passes always end up on the floor. At the end of the day I ask for a volunteer that doesn't mind getting a little Lysol on his/her hands and that person holds the passes while I spray them down. I like that idea though...just might steal it for next year (or this year if no one wants to get Lysol on their hands. Ha!)

And why did you grade for a full day...you must start giving out assignments soon!