Monday, August 11, 2008

This, That and the Other...

  • Got my grade for my summer Master's class. I made my 2nd B. Boo-hiss! But Kevin did remind me that this was a self-teach class where she gave assignments and said go at it. We had no guidance, and most of the final was copyright laws. URGH! That test was hard, and I could study for weeks and probably not do any better.
  • My class next semester is on Saturdays from 8 to 4:30...get ready for some complaining! ha! It's only 6 times...it's only 6 times...that's what I have to keep repeating AND I only have 5 classes to go! :-)
  • I have been working hard on my classroom. I moved some stuff around where it feels new to me. I just keep thinking in the back of mind, "It's gonna suck when they paint in a month, and I have to re-do this!" At first, they told us we would even have to empty out closets and cabinets, but now only if we want the insides painted. I am thinking what do I care what the inside of my cabinets and closet looks like? It's storage!! (Pictures to come soon of my finished room!!)
  • We got our class list today. So far, I have only 19 kids on my list. That means I have room for four more. I hope I get them in the next few days, because I'd rather start with them than have them enter later in the year. Teachers, you know what I mean? It's harder to get them into the routines and stuff.
  • Apparently this class may be a hand-full, so I may have some stories to tell this year. I don't know, I have a hard time going by kids past experiences because sometimes they have trouble with one teacher and not another. They also mature a bit from year to year. And, I'm sorry, but I can't help but think that a bad class at this school is NOTHING compared to where I was teaching!! I am only listening to positive comments about my class list. I prefer to start fresh...now, if I'm pulling my hair out in a few weeks, remind me of my optimism toward my new class! LOL!

2 comments:

Steff said...

I just have to say that I've loved your under the sea theme for the last year! I wanted to do my classroom that way, but at my old school the principal said it was going to be sports themed this year. Just another reason I'm glad I'm gone...but I don't know yet if there is a theme at my new school. They are the Ponies so it might be western. But if not...I'm stealing some of that creative ocean stuff you've got going on!

Good idea about letting your kids start fresh this year. I'm all for finding out a little past history about the kids, but trying to not let it color your impression of them. I'm sure your class will shape up fast and be great!

Angel said...

Holy crap... I see now that I have stolen your title! You had it up first!!! I'm so sorry that I used it for my post yesterday. I guess I had not read your blog down far enough, or I would have seen that title was already taken. I swear I wasn't copying:)