Sunday, August 24, 2008

I love the reward system!

It was the first week of school ~ new kids, alarm clock, getting organized...so much work and stress. Of course, I had to reward myself at the end of it! If there were no rewards waiting for me, how could I get through it? hee-hee!
So, on my way home Friday, I stopped at Pier 1 and splurged on this director's chair. I have been wanting for my classroom. Two of my teaching buddies have one, and I love them! Becca's is denim and has her name embroidered...very cool! But here it is...yep, my first reward! ($75 dollars that I really didn't have but oh well, every now and then, you gotta go off-budget to stay sane!)
(I don't have it pushed down all the way b/c I have to fold it back up to put in the car.) Then, Saturday, me and my peeps (Peggy and Sandy) took one of our 'field trips'. Peggy got on-line and searched for scrapbook stores in Arkansas. We decided to visit the one in White Hall. It was awesome!! She had renovated an old house and had it set up in there with antiques for sale too. We also found a neat sandwich place for lunch with yummy desserts. Girls days are the BEST! (and it's a bonus when scrappin' enters the picture somehow)
Then, today after church, Kevin made us lunch. That boy can COOK! You gotta give him that!
Tune in tomorrow for more on our church search and....drum roll....Kevin's hair cut!! woo-hoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. And that meal looks delish!!!

L said...

Sounds like a FAB weekend! If you want your chair embrodiered call my Sherry - she has a brand new fancy emb. machine!

Anonymous said...

Wow next time we go on a field trip can will Kevin cook our lunch?
Peggy

Tasha said...

oh that food looks sooooo good.

Lindsey said...

Awesome rewards this weekend!!! My mouth is watering...