Thursday, June 05, 2008

Closing up shop

Tomorrow is the last day ~ today was the last day for several of my kids. I almost cried twice today so we will see how tomorrow goes.

I actually got end of the year gifts today!! I have never gotten end of the year gifts, so I certainly wasn't expecting it. Wow! Nice ones too - more gift cards (love 'em!!), homemade bread (yum), a bracelet, a pretty ring with my initial, candles...wow! I don't even know what to say!! The cards from the parents and kids thanking me for one of their best school years was by far the BEST part!!

Oh, and we got the test results back from the benchmark today, and the kids ROCKED!!! The 3rd grade scores were up from last years 3rd graders (yay), they were higher than the state average (yay), the district average (yes), and the region average (hee-hee). They ROCKED!!

I will share more later...gotta go think about BBQ!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gifts are good!! :) heehee

L said...

congrats on the test scores! Now it's time to look forward to a job free summer! :-)

Tasha said...

I am such a bad mom, I have never thought about an end of the year gift..Shame on me!
Thanks teach
WOW, congrats on the test scores, I am so proud of you!!!

PS, Hannah will be in 3rd grade next year...Expect LOTS and LOTS and I do mean LOTS of emails from me freaking out, mmm-K!?
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Great job on those test scores teach! I think you rock as much as the kids. Have a great summer.
Peggy