Sunday, June 08, 2008

BBQ Weekend


















We did it!! It's over and today is rest and try to clean up day. My little kitchen just wasn't made to cater to 500 people out of - ha! We got up Saturday at 4 am and started getting the last of the stuff ready. It was hard work, and we had a steady line for several straight hours. But, Kevin and I make a great team at this (home improvement projects are a whole other story! hee-hee). Kevin, of course, is too hard on himself and doesn't think the BBQ was that great. He always says he could've done better...If it wasn't then please tell me WHY when they made an announcement on the intercom at the end of the day that we were having a "fire sale" and selling boston butts right off the grill, that he sold out in 2 min??? Do people come running for 'it was ok bbq'?? NO! One of these days, he will take his compliments! ha! We were seriously so busy that these were the only pictures I got. By the time we were finished, every muscle in my body was aching!!! But, I still have the catering bug! I love it! And, he was able to give out several of his cards and got another definite event booked from this - so yay!
Now - I have to go read some blogs and then get back to cleaning that kitchen...I should've taken a picture of that so you could appreciate the MESS - and the garage, and even the driveway where the smoker was parked all week! The neighbors have to be thrilled the smoker isn't sitting in the driveway anymore, but they all seemed to love the smell of the BBQ smoking! Kevin says it's the best cologne if he could bottle it! LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your relaxing. The bbq looks fantastic. Wish I was close enough to enjoy some :)

Lindsey said...

I think I can smell the yumminess all the way here....YUMMY!

Tasha said...

OMG it looks so good, I wish we had scratch and sciff screens, LOL...