Saturday, June 07, 2008

Book Review: 7th Heaven by James Patterson

**4th book for my New Year's Resolution (I am not doing as good as I wanted but will read ALL summer ~ yay!)

From the book jacket:
California' "Boy with a Broken Heart," the teenage son of a recent governor, has disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Michael Campion, born with an incurable heart defect, has grown up under the watchful eye of an adoring public. The pressure on detective Lindsay Boxer to learn what happened to Michael is overwhelming. When she finally does get a lead, it's devastating - and for Assistant District Attorney Yuki Castellano it lead to the biggest trial of her life.

While working on the Campion case, Lindsay and her partner, Rich Conklin, also try to catch whoever is setting fire to some of the most beautiful homes in San Francisco, leaving their owners to perish in the flames. Lindsay enlists her friends in the Women's Murder Club to help her find the arsonist - and suddenly the fires start raging much too close to home.

What I thought:
This is the 7th book in the Women's Murder Club series that James Patterson has out and now has the TV show based on. James Patterson rarely disappoints and didn't this time either...several plots going at once, but you don't get lost. The ending I didn't see coming and I always like that. It says a lot that with all I had going this week with closing out school and the BBQ catering, that I started and finished a book - goes to show that I couldn't put it down. Everyday I give my kids 15 to 20 minutes of DEAR time (Drop Everything and Read), and I took my book to school and read with them. They love it when I do that! :-)

0 comments: