Friday, June 13, 2008

Book Review: Lifeguard by James Patterson & Andrew Gross

**My next read for the year towards my New Year's Resolution and trying to make my pile of "to read" books go way down! :-)

From the book jacket: Working as a lifeguard at a Florida resort, Ned Kelly meets a woman he is wild about, the woman of his dreams. It feels perfect in every way - except that she prefers caviar and Manolo Blahniks, and he is used to burgers and flip-flops. She is a guest at the luxurious hotel - he lives above a garage.
So when Ned's cousin offers to cut him in on a rich deal he's been commissioned to execute, Ned can't turn him down. The plan is simple, just a fast break-and-enter. The risk is high, and the reward is even greater - $5 million. But on the night of the heist, something goes devastatingly wrong.

Ned walks away from his job, his town, and the woman he's fallen in love with. Runs away, actually, knowing that only velocity and secrecy can save his life. But who is pursuing him? The FBI? Whoever sabotaged the heist? Or is it all somehow tied into his new love - and his oldest enemies?

What I thought: Wow! I finished this book last night and don't know how I missed it when it first came out (2005). It is the best James Patterson book I have read in awhile. I never even had an idea how it would turn out. Yesterday, I couldn't put it down!! I loved it!! The pace never let up and there were turns and unexpected everywhere...it would make a great movie. I highly recommend it if you haven't already read it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you missed this book either! I agree with you...It's one of his best. I loved it. I think I've read it at least twice. :)
Love you girl!
Christie