Wednesday, December 19, 2007

WOO-HOO! Let the break begin!!!


It's here! Christmas break officially started at 2:25 pm today!! YIPPEE!! I have to say for a short week and having the holiday party, my kids were pretty well behaved! And, the parent support at the holiday party was just amazing! I am really in heaven at this school! My room mom (I love saying that b/c I never had one!) ordered pizza, a talent show, a holiday pictionary game, and a craft. It was awesome! You see the kiddo's had a blast! This morning, all the 3rd grade teachers took a different country, and we made the kids passports. They traveled to each room (country) and got their passport stamped and heard about Christmas in that country. That really made the morning fly by! It was lunch before I knew it! :-)
I feel like I've already had Christmas ~ look at this loot! ha! Seriously, I have never had parents put so much thought into their teacher gifts. My kids know me well too! I got some cool gift cards (Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Blockbuster, and even Petsmart!) I got a neat cool keychain with a dog on it, kitty wearing a Santa hat earrings, and one kid even remembered my pets and got them treats! See how well they know me!! Can you see the cool cross I got? Now, for all the parents who haven't bought their teacher gift (or you can put this away for the end of the year or Valentine's day), I think my best gift was simple and a great idea! One parent put a Blockbuster gift certificate with some microwave popcorn and a little teacher notepad and wrapped it all in a big bow! How cool is that?
Ok...I must go relax now! After all, I have 2 1/2 weeks OFF!!!!! HO! HO! HO!

3 comments:

Tan said...

Your class is the bomb!! Those are some GREAT gifts! Enjoy them! Oh...AND the break!

Erika said...

I am so jealous of your break!! You deserve it though. Being a teacher is a tough profession. I am truly thankful for individuals like yourself who are able to teach. Thank you!!

Tasha said...

what great gifts you got..I am stumped for Hannahs teacher and I only have 1 more day.