Thursday, December 27, 2007

I.HEART.GIFT.CARDS!!!!!


Gift cards are the bomb!!! I spent today shopping for FREE! And, I haven't even spent all my cards or Christmas money!! I tell you ~ I am just giddy like a kid! LOL! Look at all this stuff!!! And, I only went to Kohl's and Target today (two of my favorite stores!). I went to Kirkland's too, but they were cleaned out big time! I'll try back later in the week! :-)

I don't think anyone should think gift cards are a lame gift to give...they make me extremely happy! I am getting to re-do the bedroom and bathroom and have money for other stuff too! Here's today's haul: (that I almost left on the counter at Target! HELLO? My brain was already shopping at the next store I guess. Luckily, I ran into family while shopping, and they chased me down to give me my loot! Thanks Kayce!)

I got the new comforter set (at Target for just $100!!) and it has the comforter, bedskirt, and pillow shams! 2 new scrapbooks (Kohl's on sale $10 each!), a picture frame, new wallet (I have a wallet fetish...but that's another post! ha!), bath towels, bath rugs, sweater, pair of black pants, and 3 packages of socks!!! YIPPEE!

Now, this weekend I am going to Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, Wal-Mart & Petsmart to spend the rest of my money. Oh, and Lowe's for paint...we (or probably me since it's my bright idea) are going to paint the bedroom. Ahhhh! This is fun!

Oh, another good part of gift cards for Christmas is that everything is on sale, so you get twice the stuff!!

THANK YOU to everyone who enabled me to shop today!!! BIG HUGS!! I had a blast!

7 comments:

Tan said...

I hear ya girl! I don't see why people snarl at the gift card idea. My own MIL is disabled and instead of buying cards or giving cash, she sends my FIL out to do the shopping. I can't tell you how many ugly pairs of shoes, wrong size sweaters, and out-of-style earrings I've received from them over the years. Most of the stuff lays unopened or is returned to the store. I appreciate the thought...but give me a gift card!! I won't be offended, I promise! LOL

Woo Pig Brewey! said...

I think you set a record for most "!" used in 1 post.

Anonymous said...

That is the SAME comforter I have! Too funny. You are becoming just like me and Peggy.

Lori said...

That's my goal in life!! :-) Oops - even more ! my excitement cannot be contained! ha! Oops...two more - gotta stop!

Trina said...

I love gift cards too! I mean they aren't the most exciting gift to open in the thrill of the moment on Christmas morning, but they are a LOT of fun to spend later. My boys recieved some from family members and they were out the next day shopping their little lives away. So they are not lame!!

*squinting eyes suspiciously* no answer to the preggo question on the previous post Miss Lori! hehehe

Tasha said...

Gift Cards do ROCK!

Steff said...

Gift cards do rock! I always enjoy shopping but tend to enjoy it even more when it's for free! :) You totally raked it in!!