Monday, December 17, 2007

Busy week ahead...

It's gonna be a wild, busy week!! But you know what keeps me sane? I have 2 - count 'em - 2 workdays left!!! Then, a VACATION!!!! YIPPEE!!!

Our Christmas work party was today ~ a happy hour of sorts. We did a "dirty Santa" ornament exchange. It was a blast! I laughed so hard at times that my cheeks hurt! Aren't those moments the best??? Got home and Kevin had dinner ready...even better! :-)

Tomorrow, the kids (our 3rd graders) are having a poetry slam. (We've been studying poetry this month.) It should be fun too! I have to stay after school for an after school program I volunteer with...and then, Wednesday is the Holiday (aka Christmas) party. My room mothers have planned a talent show! LOL! Oh boy...an hour before dismissal on the last day before break...this could get wild! But ~ I'll have two and a half weeks to recover! Go ahead and hate me for a minute... I completely understand!

Going to snuggle up with Kevin and watch some tv! :-)

4 comments:

Tasha said...

j.e.a.l.o.u.s spells what I am. I get Christmas Eve and christmas off and then I have to work the day after christmas...Stupid holiday falling on a Tuesday...LOL!

Hope you have a happy holiday

Steff said...

Okay...you really need to go more in depth of what a "dirty Santa" ornament exchange is! I can only imagine and that imagination is running wild at the moment!

L. Lemanski said...

Lori-stumbled upon your blog and noticed you were a teacher, in your 30s, and going for a master's in library science--you sound a lot like me. I didn't know about the hundred things about me . . . I'm nowhere near, but I'm glad I know what to do now! Like you, I'm becoming more and more addicted to this whole blogging thing.

Erika said...

The dog in the picture with my son is a dachshund (weiner dog). Frankinstein (adopted from the humane soceity the day before Halloween)is about 5 months old. My terrier mix would sit for the picture.