Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Meme...it's my turn!

Ok ... I've been putting it off, and I even like these questionnaires! ha! Here goes:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both - depends on the gift
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving...
4. When do you take the tree down? Almost always the day after Christmas b/c I get tired of looking at it! ha! I have even taken it down Christmas night before...bad, I know!
5. Do you like eggnog? yes
6. Favorite gift received as a child? would have to be my chalkboard ...oh, or the year we got the Atari
7. Do you have a nativity scene? no :-(
8. Hardest person to buy for? my dad and now Kevin's dad too!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My niece...anything with a horse and you are safe!
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? a freakin' fishing pole! (from an old boyfriend - I later dumped him! ha!)
11. Mail or email Christmas card? Oh...I LOVE making and receiving Christmas cards!! Mail is the best this time of year b/c I don't dread going to the mailbox!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Polar Express
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually October and November - I try to be done the first part of December
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so...but I am not going to say that some haven't ended up in a yard sale....
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? all of it...the turkey, the pecan pie, the dressing...all of it!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Away in a Manger
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Burn up the roads - gotta go to Mom's, Granny's and Kevin's families now too. Although when we have little ones, we want to wake up Christmas morning at our house
19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? It's Monday and my kids were extra hyper today...I'm not even going to try! ha!
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? I always had an angel until this year and with the new tree a star looks better
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning
22. Most annoying thing(s) about this time of year? rude people and traffic! urgh~

3 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

I love Polar Express too and just like you, I love sending and receiving Christmas cards by mail, which unfortunately is a dying art...

Tasha said...

I like this meme...Maybe I will try it.

PS you were right about the riddle, LOL!!!

Tan said...

Girl, don't you know it's bad luck to take down the tree before the New Year???!! It is! LOL