Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mood Swings!!

Sometimes it really sucks being a woman and dealing with mood swings ~ knowing they are happening and yet can't make it stop!! I am willing to bet that Kevin wishes he would've had to work this weekend! ha!

It started Friday night when the freakin' repairman for the washer NEVER showed up or CALLED! I mean, hello? I don't care if you can't make it because you are running behind, but how hard is it to call? So, I was stuck at home all night waiting...for nothing. The positive is that I got some Christmas gifts made (top secret!). Saturday was the real mood swingin' day...I was up, I was down, I was up, I was mad, I was sad, I was up, I was frustrated, I was snappy, I was up...URGH! (Insert a poor Kevin here!) Saturday morning the repairman calls, "do you still want me to come?" "Well yeah..." He didn't come baring good news. Basically, the part I need is $100, but the labor to replace said part is so intensive that the labor will eat me alive and it will cost $300 to repair minimum, so he recommends getting a new washer....My handy dandy Dad who can fix anything, backs this statement, so a washer shopping we will go...I actually took the news ok. I guess Kevin was expecting a breakdown (I can be dramatic when it comes to spending large amounts of money. ha!) He said, "Boy, you are sure are taking this well." And, I was...I was up at the moment. Then, off we went to Conway to sell back 5 classes worth of textbooks ~ I won't even tell you how I much I spent on them because I refuse to add it up, it will make me sick. I was excited about the amount of money I was about to receive (shows how long it's been since I was in college!) I got a whoppin' $51 ~ which I held in my hand for all of 2 seconds, because I turned around and bought $70 worth of books for next semester!! But, at this point in the day, I was still up...so I just said, well, I guess I'm not out any money for this semester's books! Where exactly the mood swings started was somewhere after lunch...I really can't explain the rest of the day ~ CRAZY! And today, I have literally lost my mind, I turned on the dryer to dry clothes BUT didn't put any in there to dry??? What the??? THEN, I unloaded the dishwasher - only to discover that - oops they were dirty dishes I just put in the cabinets! I am loosing it! I need winter break fast!!

5 comments:

Erika said...

It's so much fun being a woman. I have killer mood swings sometimes too. Hang in there, relaxation is just 4 days way. I wish I had a mini vacation around the corner. Enjoy it!!

Tasha said...

I'm sorry, but I love you label!

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh!! Girl take a minute and chill!! I've had ups and downs but never like that!! It's easy to get batty about spending large amounts of money...there's nothing you can do about it though, and you need a washer. Thank goodness they make credit accounts where you can pay monthly for a little while....that takes the sting off, although no one likes to have debt, we ALL have it one form or another. That's how we survive sometimes!! Do you already have the new washer? You will love it when you get it!! Hope the mood swings are down to minimum, but if they aren't give it a day or two and you'll be okay:) Is Friday scrapping night?? You need that!! You are done with kids on Thursday...only 3 more days to go!!

Tan said...

Do you know what my grandma would say?? What my grandma would swear?? She'd swear you were pregnant! LOL Lori, you're not PG are you?? Gosh, I hope I haven't started an awful internet rumor here. ...but wouldn't it be wonderful to call up the rude lady from the previous post and say "Next year I'll be too busy to make those cookies!!" heehee Hang in there, girl. We all have those mood swings. I had one just today (and yesterday...and tomorrow doesn't look too good either. haha)

Anonymous said...

You are totally pg.

LOL!