Thursday, May 31, 2007

To-Do this and To-Do that!

If one more person hands me another piece of paperwork to do, I may have to slap them!!!! I want to scream I am only one person!!! (and it isn't just me - I am organized - imagine how the unorganized teachers are stressing! No offense to the unorganized!!) It is just insane how much paperwork they are piling up on us AND AT THE LAST MINUTE!! URGH!!!! I feel like my head is spinning, and that I am constantly forgetting something...you know that feeling when you have so much to do that you feel like you forgot something? Maybe it's just me!

Tonight I had to work until 7 o'clock again for a workshop for my summer school I am teaching. I get a 3 day break and then back to the grind (But, I LOVE teaching summer school!). The workshop until 7 o'clock at this time of year is just too much to focus on!! Luckily, only one more next week on that!

Tomorrow is Friday ~ thank goodness!!! But I know my nerves will be shot by the end of the day. Our school doesn't get to have field day this year b/c someone embezzled all the PTA money!??!!! So....being the softie that I am, I didn't think it was fair for my kiddo's to suffer b/c of some selfish moron, SOOOO....I am having a "make-shift" field day all day tomorrow with my kiddo's. Call me crazy!! I will (hopefully) get some peace and quiet in the afternoon. I am projecting the movie "A Night at the Museum" from my laptop on the overhead like a big screen tv....that ought to wow them into silence...right?

After I make it through tomorrow afternoon, I am on the road to see my honey!! And I am putting off ALL work for a few days!!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Some one actually stole the PTA money???!!!!

Steff said...

Unfortunately I know what you mean. We had a two page check out list of things that had to be turned in. 80% of it was paper. But what I loved was that an end of year writing sample was listed. Would have been nice if they'd mentioned that while the kids were still in school!

Summer school is being held at our campus and my room is getting used. Being a first year teacher I'm not sure what to expect. Other teachers have told me to put everything away in my cabinets and zip-tie them because summer school teachers have a rep for having sticky fingers. That made so much more work for me. Yesterday was officially our last day, but I'll have to go back on Monday to get those final things taken down and put away. Be kind...don't have sticky fingers!

I hope you have a great field day!

Lindsey said...

Hang in there. I feel ya on the paperwork and just work in general. I got home today and passed out. For 3 hours. I was WHOOPED. Everything at the end of the year is so much more hassle. 7pm and you're still expected to pay attention?? NO WAY!! I hope you are with your man relaxing right now! you so deserve it!