Monday, May 07, 2007

Benefit of a small town...

I went to see Kevin this weekend & the town he is living in right now is SMALL!! If you blink driving through, you will miss it! There isn't even a stoplight!! His Mom says they don't need one b/c everyone already knows where everyone else is going! LOL! Ok - you got the picture...

I have been struggling for almost 2 months now to get my hitch installed on my Jeep and the wiring done, so I can finally pull my pop-up camper I bought. Apparently, all I needed to do was visit the Napa store in Small Town USA!! Why didn't someone share this little tid-bit?

Kevin's friend runs the Napa store, so Kevin went ahead and got the part Dad said I needed to finish up my wiring last weekend. His friend told him any idiot could do it, so Kevin decided to try it himself. Realizing quickly that any idiot couldn't do it, we headed up to the Napa store for assistance from his buddy. They are both under the Jeep grunting like Tim the Tool Man Taylor & decide it isn't the right part. URGH! They can't do it after all...does that make them idiots? ha!

So....remember - we are in Small Town USA, the customer at the counter is also wiring his lights for his hitch, and the next thing you know, HE is under the Jeep trying to figure it out....then HIS dad gets in on the action. His Dad says he can wire it up for us...are we in a hurry?... why don't we just follow him back to his place and he'll take care of it. HELLO!?!! Is he for real? Yep...he was! He wired it up in no time and only charged us $20!!! This stuff NEVER happens in the city ... gotta give some points up for the small town! :-)

8 comments:

Trina said...

hahaha that was great! Yep...that sort of stuff never happens in big cities, but all the time in small town USA. Those are the sorts of things I miss, but STARBUCKS makes up for a lot!! hehehe

Trina said...

and ohhh we are starting up a new church here. So we are very small, growing pretty quickly really. We are renting the conference room at a bank, twice a week, for now. Its free and a great location, so it will have to do for a bit. Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

The town I live in only has 4600 people, but we do have a stoplight, ONE stoplight! lol

Lindsay said...

hahahahahaaaaaa
Thats awesome!

L said...

There are some great things about small towns and that is one of them! So when's the first trip out w/the camper?

la bellina mammina said...

that was a great story!

Lindsey said...

Small towns rock!! I may not live in one now, but I was born and bred there!

Tasha said...

The town I went to hign school in is small too. The 1st and only stop light was put in about 10 yrs ago, and it barely works, most of the time its just blinking. The main street is exactly 3 miles long and when we had our homecoming parade the floats were pulled by tractors. Ye-Haw!
Very cool getting your hitch wired right!