Sunday, May 06, 2007

Toot! Toot!

Bare with me while I toot my own horn for a bit! LOL!

Got some good news this week & want to share:
*I got the call that I got the summer job I interviewed for! Yay! Teaching summer school was a blast last year & several of the same teachers are coming back!! It's only 5 weeks and only 4 days a week...keeps me from getting bored and spending too much money! ha! AND, I still manage to get a whole month off before school starts.

*I just checked my Masters class webCT, and I made a 90% on my final (which is actually a B in her class - 93% and above is an A). BUT, when I averaged up all my grades, it was just enough for an A in the class, which means I still have a 4.0 in my graduate classes!! hip-hip hooray! That first B is gonna kill me! ha!

*And, just an aside, because I am proud of myself for this - something I've never been able to do before - I have read my Bible everyday for over 3 weeks now. Kevin got me this GREAT Bible for my birthday & it puts it all where I can GET it! Thanks Kevin!!!

Ok- that's enough horn tootin' from me! LOL!
Oh & thanks for all the advice on Friday!! I decided to leave the skate trip decision up to her parents. Whatever they decide, I will honor. Her Daddy was NOT a happy camper, so she was in BIG trouble! :-)

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

As she should be, in trouble that is!

Congrats on all the accomplishments. Kenny has taught me that if we don't toot our own horn, it may not get tooted. Sometimes, it's what has to be done. But I'll toot your horn too. CONGRATS! And the bible reading? That's like an extra toot and a half. Really. Way to go!

la bellina mammina said...

Hey - Congrats!!! Take a little brake and celebrate!

L said...

You go GIRL!

Anonymous said...

You deserve the toots! Congrats on all of them. Love ya!

Tasha said...

Congrats on the 4.0...I am so happy for you. working that hard and teaching on top of it you have every right to TooT, TooT!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Yay, and Yay!!!! congrats to you on all the above! I think a little horn tooting was needed!

Lindsay said...

Toot away sister! You deserve it!!!!!