Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Yay for 3 day weekends!!

And boo that it's over! LOL! I had a great weekend!! And now you get to hear all about it! hee-hee! (that is, if you keep reading!)
First of all Friday night was my monthly girls scrappin' night. It was a small group this time, but still yummy food, good girl talk, and we even got some scrappin' done AND helped Sandy's hubby surprise her with an awesome birthday gift. Check it out!
I can't remember the exact name of this bad boy (Sandy tell us in the comments!!), but it is AWESOME!! You type in what you want to say, and it cuts it out of your paper for you....needless to say, Troy was the hero of scrapbook night! There are different cartridges you buy with different fonts, and he even took her to get two new ones the next day! Happy Birthday to Sandy!
Friday I also got to pick my first veggie from the garden Kevin planted (and then hauled butt back home and left me in charge of! ha!) Look how much it has grown in 2 months! I think we planted it at the end of March? I could be wrong...I would have to look back through my blog and I'm too lazy right now! :-) Zucchini anyone?
And aren't the baby squash and tomatoes cute?
YUM! We got to pick a squash and two more zucchini by Sunday. I have a feeling I will be calling on neighbors and friends saying come get some veggies!!

I have said many times that Kevin is an awesome cook...well, he took the zucchini and squash Sunday night and whipped up this DELICIOUS meal!! He made stuffed zucchini/squash with chicken, mushrooms, and cheese ~ YUUUMMMM!!!

In between yard work and cooking, we also popped up the new camper in the garage and loaded her up for summer camping. I made a list of some stuff we need before the June trip, and I am ready to camp!!! You can expect many pics from camping!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that thing is called a cricket isnt it?
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I want to grow veggies in my garden!! Maybe next year. They look delicious!

Your doggy is adorable, by the way! I'm a proud doggy mama myself!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Tasha said...

The food looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Michelle is close - it is a cricut and I love it! I can't keep Kayce away from it long enough to make something myself.

Trina said...

You look great! Your veggies look great (wish I was a neighbor!). And Im so jealous that you get to go camping in your new camper...*crying*

Steff said...

Ohmygosh...you scrapbook too! I'm liking this blog more and more. ;)