Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Just Breathe....

Ok...I am not as cranky as I was yesterday or even this morning! Thank goodness ~ I hope it's passed b/c I hate being cranky! It has just been one of those weeks where I felt I was buried under too much to do & couldn't see the way out!!! The end-of-year assessments and reports at work this year are crazy!! I had three pretty big things due at work this week, plus my final for my Masters class tomorrow night. My stress level was pretty high and then little things that go wrong seem bigger. You know how that goes? For instance, the lady who forgot how to drive in the rain this morning and ran me off the interstate would have only stopped me singing to the radio for a few minutes on any other day, but this morning...I was already cranky, so it just set my day into motion! What is it about drivers in the rain? And, for some odd reason, the CD player in my car decided to NOT work this morning??? I haven't even had time to look and see what the deal is with that, but it better not be a big deal b/c I don't have the money to spend on it! And...that is a whole other worry (I still need a new lawnmower and my hitch done AND house insurance is due! It's never ending!).
Luckily, my BFF was in town tonight to see her newborn niece! After getting to visit with her and her making me laugh, I am all better! (Thanks Michelle!!) The rest will all work out, it always does...except this final that I should be studying for RIGHT now! ha! I guess I had better get going...

6 comments:

marykathryn said...

Wow I think your post kinda stresses ME out!! LOL So good that your friend was able to spend some time with you.. they make everything more manageable don't they?? Hope tomorrow is better, probably can't get worse, right?? Or did I just jinx you?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling much better. Cranky days are yuck. Today I was tired all day and had a headache...I think it was the cloudy rainy weather. I'm feeling a little better tonight. Hope you feel great tomorrow!

la bellina mammina said...

Friends always manage to make us put aside our worries for awhile and make us feel better - isn't that great? I had one of those stressful moments at work, which overflowed at home when my other half was out of town and all I felt like doing was cry! Which I did - then I felt better!

Lindsey said...

I so know the stress feeling. Hang in there Lori! When this final is over, you will feel that weight just lift right off your shoulders. Plus maybe your man can give you a niiiiice massage. Hint hint. Hang in there and just breathe.....and I'll pray for NO MORE RAIN and crazy drivers for you. Testing and end of the year craziness....never a good thing for teachers!

Anonymous said...

Had a great time yesterday with you! Can't wait until our week long visit this summer....I'll be sure to send you those AWESOME pictures so you can post them on your blog!!!
Michelle

Tasha said...

So happy you are feeling better. Remember to just breathe...