Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Random Thoughts...

I can't believe it is already Wednesday!! This week has been almost as crazy as last week...it is just the end of the school year - BUSY!! I have decided I need a personal assistant in the months of May and August for school close-out and beginning of the year! I can't keep up!! Anyone interested? It doesn't pay well! ha!

Also, Please tell me why it is raining EVERYDAY at 3:30 just when I get home so I can't mow?!?! And now...my backyard looks like one of my Mom's horse pastures, and I don't know how I am going to mow it anyway!

I am trying to come up with a neat idea for my kids to make their Mom's for Mother's day...all you crafty folks have any inexpensive, neat, EASY ideas for a 3rd grade class? I am brain dead!

I warned you this was random...ha! I have had one of my roughest years in the classroom this year and wanted it to be over I don't know how many times, but now that there are only 19 days left, I am a little sad! I can't believe it! (really, I can b/c I cry every year on the last day of school!) But, now that my troubled child is out of the room, I have really enjoyed and bonded with my kids...and now it's almost over! :-( oh boy, I must have PMS!!!! ha!

And lastly, thank goodness that Billy Ray finally got booted from Dancing with the Stars last night! It is down to my final 4 favs from the beginning! I actually voted this week for the first time - I am lovin' Apolo and his partner - they ROCK! Did you catch their dance this week? WOW!!!!

4 comments:

Trina said...

I dont have any great mother's day craft ideas, because I homeschool and it seems sort of futile to have my kids make gifts for me by me....did that make sense? However, they have mothers day craft sites for kids. I go check out craft sites for my boys all the time. Like...seriously I am having a brain freeze...hmmm...what is the name of that site...*sigh* Family Fun...geesh...LOL

I thought Billy Ray Cyrus was ridiculous myself. He obviously didnt want to even try on that last dance. Sort of embarassing. I didnt see Apollo though.

And ohhhhh NO PRESSURE for a good mothers day post...hehehe I will try to come up with something...*grins*

la bellina mammina said...

i know it maust be boring - but handmade cards and paper flowers? My heart melts every time my kids do a card for me...

Lindsey said...

You can make flowers from tissue paper (I can give you directions) or you can do what i did this year....buy some cheap pieces of tile, have them use permanent markers and draw/color the tiles (they each get one and they are about 6inches squared) and then you slap a piece of felt on the bottom of the tile squares and you have a cute coaster. Or you can go to the hardware and buy in bulk those light switch covers. Each kid gets one, and they can use permanent markers (see the theme here??) and draw on them. I usually use plain white sandwich bags as gift wrap so the kids can decorate it and I will email you a mothers' day card that we used!! Hope it helps!!

I totally feel you on being overwhelmed and sad for the end of the year!

Tasha said...

Hannah planted a seed in a cup last year and we got to watch our LOVE grow with the flower...It was cute. They used dixie cups or empty babyfood jars.