Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 Things & Thoughts Around Here:

1. My summer school friends that I've taught with the past two summers called yesterday and are missing me this summer! Awww!
2. I felt a little guilty because I miss them, but I am really enjoying not working for once in the summer! ha!
3. I am reading a John Grisham book that has sloooowed down my reading progress because I just can't get into it. urgh! It called The Broker - anyone read it? Will it get better?
4. Kevin had a doctor appointment today, and we are pretty sure his kidney stones are moving. The boy is IN PAIN with it too!
5. I had lunch with my friend, Carey, yesterday. She is one of those great friends that I don't get to see often but when I do it is like no time has passed.
6. We took a 2 hour lunch at the same restaurant I had eaten at the night before b/c I love it so much. Kevin said he hoped I would get the same waitress and I did! HA!
7. My 11 year old cousin, Kayce, is having a sleep-over for her birthday tonight, and I am going to go over there and act silly and try to embarass her...heehee! Good times!
8. I think tomorrow for the 4th we are just hanging out in the front yard with the neighbors and shooting fireworks. I love a low-key 4th of July.
9. Surely, Kevin will grill something though!! (honey, are you reading this??)
10. Kevin's birthday is Sunday!!! We'll be the same age again (there is a 5 month difference in our birthdays), and he can't say "I'm not 35, you are!"
11. My summer class starts Monday. It is with the professor that I am NOT fond of...but it should be easy enough and go fast.
12. I am not sure I can pay attention on a computer for 4 hours straight though!!!
13. Next weekend, Kevin actually has the weekend off, and we are going camping for the FULL weekend!! WOO-HOO!

**Happy 4th of JULY!!**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get into the book I'm currently reading either, Lori. I can't remember the author right now, but it's called The Friday Night Knitting Club and it was recommended by a friend. I'm having trouble pushing through it. I may end up dissing it and moving on if it doesn't get better soon.

Have a fun and safe holiday weekend!

Tasha said...

Love the list...Sorry I've been slacking lately on commenting..I've been so tired.