Monday, July 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It was exactly 4 years ago yesterday that I moved into my house and started this journey of life after divorce...wow! What a journey...if you would've told me 4 years ago how happy I would be today, I wouldn't have believed you! This is my house a week before I moved in...there was a major panic to get the yard done b/c the bank wouldn't close without it finished. I was closing on the sale of the old house and this house on the same day - July 12th. It kept raining IN JULY and putting off the progress. I was a nervous wreck and my family thought they were all going to have to come lay sod so I could close! ha!
I was very, very fortunate to find a little house brand spanking new that I could afford by myself on a teachers salary. I got it early enough in the building process that I even got to pick out light fixtures, floors, appliances, and countertops. That was FUN! My favorite part of the house was the kitchen cabinets...I thought and still think they are gorgeous. My kitchen is small but somehow I never noticed until last summer when Kevin moved in...wonder why? It was plenty big for those take-out boxes....hee-hee!
Here's my house today...proof that even with a new house, there are projects to do to make it feel like HOME!!
This house will always be special to me, and I will have a hard time leaving it someday. We won't leave until we can afford land...so we'll be here awhile! :-)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute house! And I love your yard. Those colors are so welcoming!!

Tasha said...

What a great house!!!!!

Lindsey said...

It's so cute Lori!! I think the layout is identical to my dad & stepmom's previous house...at least it looks like it from the outside and the kitchen area. I love the new landscaping in the front. That's new this year, right?? It's such an awesome house, you have worked hard and have a lot to be proud of!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Especially the small kitchen. Our kitchen is really too big (take-out boxes, you know...) and there's just something cozy about a small kitchen.

la bellina mammina said...

that's a cosy kitchen - love your yard, you have made it into a wonderful home!

L said...

Awww - has it been that long already! Wow!