Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Hunter is at it again!

Simba has moved on from the lizards and snakes of last year...now, he is much more interested in the toads in the pond and moles!! So far, I have been able to save the toads he has caught...or Kevin has b/c that is who I yell for to help with the situation when Simba emerges with toad legs hanging out of his mouth every way imaginable! I love the toads in the pond, so it upsets me when he finally catches one ~ especially when he brings it INSIDE and lets it go! Those toads can JUMP! LOL!

Well...last night, he must have snuck out of bed and went huntin' in the middle of the night. When I went to sleep, I was sharing my pillow with the devil cat ~ this morning, when I got up to go to the bathroom...both cats were "guarding" the dead moles at the foot of the bed! Not one, but two! He was on a roll last night! Luckily, they were already dead. And, thank God, he has not brought any of his kills INTO the bed! The first time this happened, a few weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and stepped right over it on my way to the bathroom...thinking it was a rolled up sock. I can't see a thing without my contacts in, so imagine my surprise when I put them in! yucko! This time, I knew the minute I saw the little black spots on the carpet...plus the fact that both cats were watching them intently! ha! Moles are the freakiest looking critters I have ever seen!! They gross me out, but I am glad he is quite the mole hunter b/c they can really screw up the yard and flowerbeds...just why, oh why, must he immediately bring them inside? yuck! Aren't they ugly???



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck!! I am SO glad they didn't bring any of those critters in when we were staying there!

L said...

All I can say is EEEWWWW!!!

Tasha said...

GROSSSSSSSSSS!