Monday, July 21, 2008

Autumn wasn't the only star this weekend!

That's right...I provided some entertainment in the stands myself by falling about 3 bleachers down from the top bleacher!! hee-hee! My Daddy didn't call me Grace when I was younger for nothing! Seriously, I don't know what happened because I didn't even have a chance to TRY and catch myself. It happened so fast. I hit with a loud thud and looked up at my family like "what just happened?"...saw the look of panic on my Mom's and Kayce's faces and busted out laughing - to which they knew it was ok to laugh and everyone had a good chuckle. The stands were full of folks right where I fell by the way, and I told them all I was fine that I shouldn't wear flip-flops to a horse show! Ha! Now, my ankle did swell up and I had a knot on it and my shin...but an ice pack took care of that. I have a nasty, ugly bruise on my rear where I landed, but nothing broken. Amazingly, I didn't even get embarassed for some reason. I guess that means I am finally use to falling down for no reason. In college, I would be walking to class and trip over my own feet in tennis shoes (not even clunky shoes) and take a tumble....not a great way to impress the cute boys on campus! ha! So, there folks, for all you who wonder why I don't wear cute clunky shoes and am always in comfy shoes...it's because I fall down easily!
Now...here is my gorgeous neice providing some real entertainment:
I love the action pictures where her hair is blowing and you can tell they are really moving!
Here is my Dad on Mindy (the momma horse who had her first time in the arena this weekend) and they are bringing her baby, Stormey, who is now a year old to the shows now. They are starting him out young getting him use to the noises and action.
Aren't Mindy and Stormey beautiful? After I left, Dad rode Mindy in the barrels...I have to stay late next time (these shows go on forever). Well, plus my ankle was throbbing and swelling...LOL!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clumsy LJ!! haha I'm glad you're okay. You must have been doing some serious celebrating in those bleachers!

Lori said...

LOL! If only I had the excuse of drinking - nope, just naturally clumsy!!

la bellina mammina said...

Ouch! Hope you didnt hurt yourself too badly!

Your dad looks so cute! ;-)

Tasha said...

I am SO clumsy myself, so I feel ya on that.
LOL

The horses are beautiful..I wish I lived closer to come watch all the xciting horse shows..They sound so fun!

Lindsey said...

I am clumsy too, even barefooted!! Makes an entertaining story though!!! I never could master the clunky shoes...

Anonymous said...

My mom and dad told me about you falling! Daddy got a pretty big kick out of it! I just laughed and said...Yep...That's my Lori! HA!
LOVE YOU GIRL!
Christie (the bad twin) :)