Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Girl Talk

I think sometimes a little girl talk is just good for the soul! I had lunch today with my peeps from school. I tell you, I love these girls! They make me giggle, and they are the kind of friends you instantly bond with. I do miss seeing them on a daily basis during the summer. Besides Kevin, these friends are who I spend the majority of my time with...we eat together everyday and are sometimes the only adult conversation for hours since we work with little people. Seeing each other every day, you get to know the up's and down's and share a lot. (Of course, I have also worked in places where I wasn't this fortunate and pretty much had to stick to my room.) We are all in different phases in our lives and yet we all get what each other is going through...you know?

Isn't it funny if you sit back and think about the friends you've had in life...think about high school when you didn't really have a choice b/c you had to pick from what was there...any of those friends still around? I have about 4 or 5 that I keep in touch with...obviously Kevin is one! ha! Then, college friends, work friends...some friends stay around for a short bit, and then we enter a phase in our lives when they somehow fade away, but you don't forget them. Then, there are those awesome friends like my BFF in NW Arkansas that no matter how far away you live, they aren't going anywhere. You are friends for life. Today just got me thinking about girlfriends and how valuable they are to our lives. So, to all my girlfriends - my work peeps, my BFF's, my scrappin' buddies, my blog buddies, my friends from past days and present days - I love ya!

TRUE FRIENDSHIP
True friends are for life

Until the end
They're more than special
They're your bestest friends.
They're the ones you can go to
When you're in despair
The ones that'll help you
Even when you got gum in your hair!
They're the ones who'll laugh
And go laughing with you all through the night
The ones who'll help you
Help you with all their might
To have a good friend
You have to be one
So be nice to one another
So you can be friends forever
And that's how to be the best friend you can be.

-Samantha Sumler

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww, spoken like a true woman!! Friends are SO important. Especially the bloggin' ones!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the older you get the more you realize the importance of good girlfriends. I love my gal pals -- even my never-met bloggin' buddies!! Soon we need to all get together!