Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ready for school yet?

I kind of am, and I'm kind of not! ha! I am tired of having 9 years worth of classroom stuff stored in my guest room and garage and am ready to move it into my NEW classroom at my NEW school - yay! But, I also would like summer to last just a bit longer because I've been go, go, going! I am being lazy today though!!! I am nervous about starting a new job too. I have been at the same school the 9 years I've taught. I'm glad I taught summer school the past two summers, because really that is what opened my eyes to how much better it can be!
To all who know me and know what a neat freak I am ~ you have to know how much this guest room pile of mess is starting to drive me insane! I spent yesterday and one day two weeks ago at a coop out of town with an old friend making stuff for my classroom. I decided to do a whole new theme so everything would be fresh and new for my start at a different school. I went with the ocean theme ~ inspired by Cozumel? Look at some of the cool stuff I made (and yes, I know you can buy stuff, but it has much more character when you make it!) These are my posters to have displayed with their writing. The whale one, I also made bubbles that will have the 5 writing steps on them!! Cool huh? I think the whale is one of my favorites! Oh, but wait, I forgot the sea turtle - he is a fav too - see him? I did my alphabet with sea turtles ~ that took forever!!!
These are for the lunch menu and for my Accelerated Reader chart....isn't the shark scary? ha!

I am going to make a list of websites they are allowed to visit to put with the surfin' the net poster and the sands of time is our heading for above our daily schedule!! The crab is the topper for the rules chart and the octopus will have the classroom jobs on each leg and then I will put the kiddo's names on some starfish and clip their starfish to the job they have for the week!!! I am getting excited now ~ but not enough to go back to work today or anything! ha! And lastly, my classroom guinea pig, Nibbles is tired of living on the guest bath sink area and fearing for her life daily! What is worse ~ a classroom full of kids or two cats and a dog staring you down daily? LOL!
**I will do my tags and meme's promise!! :-)

5 comments:

Trina said...

Oh decorating the classroom to get the kids all excited and motivated looks like fun! You seem like a really fun and involved teacher too! You certainly have a lot of stuff, but I can imagine how much you would need for one school year!!

la bellina mammina said...

WOW! you're gonna be one busy lady. And you have all those cool stuff! Good luck.

Steff said...

I love it! I voted for an ocean theme this year but was narrowly outvoted. We're doing a jungle theme "Positively Wild About Learning". What grade are you teaching again (I'm obviously not into details...sorry!)?

I've spent the last week in my classroom. It's not ready but it's getting there. I did an AR chart too but ours is called AR Safari...on the hunt for a good book! I'll post pictures when it's all ready.

Enjoy these last lazy days!

Anonymous said...

I love how the class decorations turned out, they are awesome! You couldn't buy stuff this great. Your new kids will think your the coolest teacher ever.
Peggy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! Too cute!! Also, SO GLAD you had a blast in Cozumel!! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!! Look forward to scrappin' again at the end of the month! See you Saturday!