Tuesday, July 31, 2007

This time I'm home for good!


Michelle & Jax
See how we make everyone feel welcome at my house...no one is too good for the spoiled, rotten Jax to rest and take a nap on! ha! This has been a whirlwind of two weeks, and I'm needing a vacation from my vacation! lol! I am a major homebody and all this running around is wearing me out! I have one more day trip tomorrow with a girlfriend to work on school stuff, and then I am staying HOME for a long weekend and being a big 'ole couch potato!! Time with old friends is priceless, and I feel bad that Michelle was the last stop in all my trips b/c I was getting ready to just be home for awhile. At least Michelle and I are good at just managing to do nothing! ha! Oh, but we eat well! I won't share what all we ate!!! Michelle - I promise not to wait so long before my next trip! :-)
Now ~ I'll give you the short version of mine and Michelle's (my bff) past few days. (Every year we take a week and spend a few days at each other's houses.) We started at my house this time on Friday b/c Friday night was scrapbook night with all the girls. I was having scrapbooking block though and couldn't come up with any good pages! I think I was putting too much pressure on myself to make my Cozumel pages perfect ~ ahh ... the pressure's of scrapbooking! LOL! Saturday we hung out around the house and let Kevin be our chef, and watched Sweet Home Alabama (Michelle hadn't seen it - with a little one she doesn't have time for movies!) Then, Sunday after church, she picked up her young 'un from his Grandma's, and we headed to NW Arkansas for a few days. See pics below for an illustration of our adventures there! LOL!Chris (my bff's hubby) and Michelle went in with two other couples to buy a boat that needed a some work and would be a party barge for them all to enjoy when they all camp and go to the lake ~ which is quite often. Here is Chris backing the trailer up so we can load the boat ~ can you see just how LONG that trailer is?

The men folk got the boat (whom I'll call Bertha) loaded up on the trailer and pulled her out of the water.....only to discover the tires were FLAT!!! So, we unloaded Bertha and headed to a gas station to air up the tires. Then, back for a second try!

And she loaded up....see why I nicknamed her Bertha? That boat is HUGE!!!

Always an adventure!! :-)

**I will catch up with everyone over the next few days! I've missed ya!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your last trip!!! Man, I'm gone a couple of weeks and you have a new look on your blog!!! It's so cute!!!

la bellina mammina said...

Enjoy!

That Bertha is a beauuty though!!

Tasha said...

sounds like you are having a good time...Enjoy!!

Jan said...

Hi there! I was looking at the Splat Designs and saw yours. Of course when I saw the Arkansas tee shirt I said "Gotta comment on a fellow Hogs'Blog!" I live in NWA and an Arkansas alumnnae. Be sure and visit my blog. Until then...
Woooooooooo Pig Soieeeeeeeeeeee

marykathryn said...

Best Friends rock don't they?? I love spending time with mine!!
Sounds like you guys had a blast!!
Oh yeah ..I tagged you, so come check me out!

Steff said...

I know what you mean about needing a vacation from the vacations! Someone asked me the other day if I was ready for school to start. Yep...so I can get some rest! LOL

Glad you had a good time with your friend!

Lindsey said...

Looks like more fun!! Let's not even talk about school yet, please??

Trina said...

I want to ride on Bertha!! That seriously looks like so much fun with all your friends. Holy cow Im jealous!!!!